used rider mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently purchased a 2000 Snapper rear engine rider mower with 9hp Briggs engine. My questions are what would be the best oil for this engine besides straight 30wt. Also how many ounces of oil to fill this type of engine? Getting ready to cut soon and would appreciate the info. Thanks

As far as how much a 9hp briggs holds, you might wanna search the briggs engine website. I'd just fill it until it registers full on the dipstick. Other than that, as far as I recall, the only real wear item on Snapper RERs is the rubber friction disk drive system. Kind of a PITA, but they do last a while in the right service.

Joel

I'd catch the drain oil and measure it to use as a starting point, can check on stick and add more if needed. Straight 30 is good for the cost if changed often enough. I would not use 10w40 dino, to many vii's, 15w40 is better if 40wt. is ok. With syn almost use whatever you want, especially if it's real syn. The little B&S are 18-20 oz. and the larger are 1.5-2 qts.

Rotella "T" 10-30. Super small engine oil.
thumbsup2.gif

I recycle the 5-30 from the cars mixed with cheap straight 30 since my 8 hp burns about 8-10 oz per hour of use.
We only use it in Spring clean up and you will love this machine for Fall leaf clean up-it is the best on the planet.
vintage 1982, so it's paid it's dues

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back