Hot Pot 2 by Palmer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you used one? If so, does it work well? I'm thinking of either getting that one or a smaller unit, if there even is a smaller one by some other maker.

To easy. Nope. Next. Sprig of thyme? oil treatment? You do realize that a car is NOT a kind of oven on wheels, hmmph? It is a fair meat presser, if you have any doubt try it out on foot.

Mori, you're being e-harassed.

45.gif

Oh, never mind him. It's not his fault. Ever since his insulin level started acting up I have been ignoring him, because I won't fight with a sick person. I hope he gets better soon. Let me know if there are signs of improvement, such as coherent posts with proper use of commas. Then I might even begin reading his posts again.
wink.gif

Proper use of grammar in all aspects is not any indication of health mental or otherwise, Moman hizz self is best example. Obsession with letters and dots and squiggles and where they are, also obsessed with food and making of and the what not involved. That's OCD at least, and I can smell the personality disorders, even with the jet stream going the other way.

I have no idea what this thread is about. I wonder what kind of firearm lubricant Hot Pot 2 is.

The Hot Pot 2 is a small, electric melting pot that allows you to melt low melt alloys, tin, lead, etc for the purpose of casting all sorts of things from bullets to pellets to tin soldiers to fishing line weights. I figured there were at least a few people here who were casting their own bullets, and I was hoping someone could provide a review or recommend another melting pot.

The Hot Pot 2 is essentially a small steel ladle that is placed on a heated coil. Just google the name.

You can just use old mori posts for ammo, even a near miss if target can read them will die of boredom. That cheese brittle stuff will work in a pinch also.

Oh you can ignore those brain damage warnings about the lead fumes, just breathe fully and normally while using it. On second thought seems you may have doing so allready so nevermind.

Originally Posted By: jldcol
Oh you can ignore those brain damage warnings about the lead fumes, just breathe fully and normally while using it. On second thought seems you may have doing so allready so nevermind.

You are living up to your tagline quite well indeed.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
The Hot Pot 2 is a small, electric melting pot that allows you to melt low melt alloys, tin, lead, etc for the purpose of casting all sorts of things from bullets to pellets to tin soldiers to fishing line weights. I figured there were at least a few people here who were casting their own bullets, and I was hoping someone could provide a review or recommend another melting pot.

The Hot Pot 2 is essentially a small steel ladle that is placed on a heated coil. Just google the name.

Well, back to the original posting reason, I have used Hot Pots before in the electronics world and they work very well.

Most of my solders I've used is 62/36/2 Sn/Pb/Ag which reflows well at 179C.

Experimented some with Lead-Free Solders (SAC305 which is 96.5Sn/3.0Ag/0.5Cu), but you gotta be careful with Tin Whiskers & microcracking.

I have the RCBS Pro Melt (110 volt) and it works very well. I suspect that for light or occasional use the Hot Pot would be fine though.

Well, I mostly cast cerro alloys, the lead and cadmium-free kind, and tin-based white metal alloys. That means I use eutetic and non-eutetic alloys that have melting points ranging from 281 to 470°F.

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
I have the RCBS Pro Melt (110 volt) and it works very well. I suspect that for light or occasional use the Hot Pot would be fine though.

That unit is way too large for my purpose. I never need to melt more than 1 lbs of casting alloy. I also must keep the alloy in a ladle, with a precision spout, because I cannot fill my molds via a bottom pour spout. I have to have full manual control when pouring the metal.

Ok!

My eutetic experience is ~0.450" sq. Gold preforms with 2% Silicon to bond integrated circuits to ceramic. You can watch the Gold "wet" in a flash.
cool.gif

LOL.gif

Well, actually, I have worked on a significant amount of Mil-Std Class S (Space) circuitry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back