what ever happend to Amalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the federated auto parts brand motor oils, gear oil and trans fluid are made by amalie, says so on the bottle, we use some of this in my fleet shop since a federated wharehouse is one of our suppliers, seem to be good products.

Originally Posted By: jldcol
Amalie? Didn't she get sick of being to famous and quit acting? Whoever she was?

No you're mistaken, she jumped in a plane and was never seen again.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wannafbody
That's cool that a company would be concerned about a backwoods community like Bradford. We need more companies like that.

I have seen billboards for Brad Penn while driving through PA but wasn't aware of the history of the name.

It may be less the company being concerned with Bradford, and more Bradford offering them a deal they can make money on.

I guess it wasn't really "better than it had to be"

48.gif

Originally Posted By: labman
That's cool that a company would be concerned about a backwoods community like Bradford. We need more companies like that.

I have seen billboards for Brad Penn while driving through PA but wasn't aware of the history of the name.

It may be less the company being concerned with Bradford, and more Bradford offering them a deal they can make money on.

Very possible. The only industries in Bradford are the refinery, Zippo lighter factory and an electric utility company.

Originally Posted By: jldcol
Amalie? Didn't she get sick of being to famous and quit acting? Whoever she was?

No you're mistaken, she jumped in a plane and was never seen again.

Actually that is "AMELIA"( Earhart ).
48.gif

OK, who remembers all the Wolfs Head signs plastered all over
gas stations, proudly announcing:

"Wolfs Head, the 2,000 mile motor oil"

It was unthinkable to not change oil every thousand miles!

Or, is it just because my memory is not failing yet???
Then, when I look it up, I can find Kendall, the 2,000 mile oil signs for sale on ebay. Of course, if they were often sold together......

OK, anybody that lives by Rib Mountain (ski area) is cool anyway!

Last edited:
Not to many outside of this area knows about the Rib Mountain (ski area). You must not spend all your time in Iowa.

Last edited:
Wisconsin, the Waterski and Snowski capital of the midwest!

What does this have to do with oil?? Gotta have good oil to tow boats to Wisconsin all summer, and to get your car to start up there when snowskiing in winter!!

Currently, Mobil 1 0W20, 0W30

Has nothing to do with oil other than you have mentioned Wolf' Head, Kendall, and Mobil 1 in two different post. See, all is good. Send me a PM and I'll buy you a brat the next time your up this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back