Good ride tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw them on a car the other day. Goodride SP06. ANyone ever heard of them? Are they any good and who are they made by? Thanx

The ol lead tires spiked with melamine.
LOL.gif

I've installed a few sets for a local used car dealer. I don't seem to care for them much. Sidewall seems flimsy and they aren't priced that cheaply. From what I've seen $3-5 dollars more for each tire (wholesale) buys alot nicer tires.

Have to disagree with soldierman. I've sold several sets. Seem well built for much lower priced than other Chinese junk. There is a definite class of customer that will scrape up the money for a new tire when it's only twice price of used,,,instead of 3-4X.

I feel more comfortable about putting them on any new tire as opposed to under 1/2 tread used.

Bob

So if i get two and throw em in the back I would be okay? The other ones I saw were capitol Sports and Milestar M665. All unknown brands to me. Anyone have any experience with these? are they better than the Goodrides? Thanx

For size 215/60-16, you can buy a number of good reputation all season tires for less than $80/ea + shipping from Tirerack, mounting + balance at Walmart for less than $15/ea. The total for each should be less than $110.

Yokohama Avid Touring-S $70/ea
Kumho Solus KR21 $73/ea
General Altimax RT $74/ea

Originally Posted By: rangerfan24
So if i get two and throw em in the back I would be okay? The other ones I saw were capitol Sports and Milestar M665. All unknown brands to me. Anyone have any experience with these? are they better than the Goodrides? Thanx

Yes.

No.

Bob

$80 each for tires on a car that you may not want to keep a long time is too much.

Take a look at tires-easy.com and welcome to the world of cheap tires.

As for me, I wouldn't put chinese tires on the car. Read the reviews and decide how cheap you can safely go.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
For size 215/60-16, you can buy a number of good reputation all season tires for less than $80/ea + shipping from Tirerack, mounting + balance at Walmart for less than $15/ea. The total for each should be less than $110.

Yokohama Avid Touring-S $70/ea
Kumho Solus KR21 $73/ea
General Altimax RT $74/ea

FYI - the Goodride website says "the tires are made China and sold in 40 foot containers."

and

"meets all the safety requirements for Canada." But they sell worldwide, but only mention meeting Canada's safety requirements.

I looked into this recently, because we got a new (2001) car at work, and it had these Goodrides on the back. Me, being me, looked at the sidewalls, and saw that the DOT UTQG rating had been melted off. Looks like a brand new tire, but no DOT UTQG rating on the sidewall, which is federal law for all tires sold in USA. Don't know where this one came from. The other rear tire, has the rating.

I complained to the garage and told the boss, I'm not driving that car.

I'll never understand why some people skimp $10 or $20 on tires when... 'so much is riding on your tires.' - an ad line that's actually 100% true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back