Yokohama AVID Touring - S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any opinions on this tire? The few reviews on tire rack look good.

I want to replace my AVID TRZ's that I have been happy with. They still have 20,000 or more miles left on them, but the cracking on the sidewalls have me a little uneasy.

The price difference between the TRZ's and the Touring-S's is $32 for the set of 4, so the price isn't really a big deal.

I had old version Yokohama AVID Touring on '94 LS400 few years ago. It was one of the lowest price 225/60-16 tires back then, the ride was smooth and quiet but handling was below expectation, it was easily spin on wet pavement.

I think I'll just stick with the TRZ's.

Even with the cracking, which I will be emailing Yokohama about, they were awesome tires and 50,000 miles is great life out of a set of tires with me driving.

let us know what they say about the cracking, I have the same issue on a set of trz's with only 30,000 miles on them.

I've got Yokohama Avid H4S tires on my Accord, and I dislike them quite a bit.

My mileage dropped about 1.5 mpg the day I bought the tires. They have a squirmy feel to them at speed. When driving straight down the freeway at 60-80 it can feel like you're driving in tiny ruts. It's just barely noticeable, and it's gotten better as the tires have worn in a bit (18k miles on them now), but I still notice it every so often.

Wet and dry traction is fine, but they are no good in snow. We got a ton of snow (by western WA standards) last month, and while they were adequate for the first few days of powder they lost all grip as the snow began melting. The least amount of ice caused a near total loss of grip, and they couldn't hook up in the melting slush. I was horribly embarrassed getting stuck in 4 inches of snow on level ground in front of my father in law's place. The tires had so little grip that even starting in 2nd or 3rd would simply cause them to spin as soon as the clutch started to bite. These tires got stuck on surfaces that my old Touro tires wouldn't even slip on.

These are marketed as all season tires, but they're really three season tires. Three season tires that cause mpg loss.

Originally Posted By: Ross
let us know what they say about the cracking, I have the same issue on a set of trz's with only 30,000 miles on them.

They said there is a 4 year "cracking warranty" on the tires. They said I should contact Tire Rack or visit my local Yokohama distributor. The pro-rating will be based on the amount of tread left on the tire, which for you will be a lot. These tires wear absolutly amazing. I know I would have got 80,000+ out of them.

So go to their website, send an email or give them a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back