Update on my broken Ellsworth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: tdi-rick
saddle height is determined by leg length.

... and by toe length.
grin2.gif

In case of a road bike your leg should be almost fully extended with the foot on the pedal in the down position. Many people sit way too low and look like hunched over circus chimps with crooked legs on their bikes. In case of an MTB that you actually ride off-road you do want to sit a bit lower.

A good indication whether your saddle is too high or too low is knee pain. Knee pain in the front indicates the saddle is too low, while knee pain in the back indicates the saddle is too high.

First or second metatarsal over the pedal spindle ? (I can't remember how I set it up, I'm just getting too bloody old
grin2.gif
)

I actually have the roadie and MTB's setup at the same heights, same reach, same setback otherwise it feels odd swapping from one to the other.
The change in Q factor is bad enough......

I don't have a road bike these days. I just set my saddle so high that I still can keep my balance with my 1st MPJ firmly on the ground. For off-road riding I drop the saddle a bit. Whatever feels right is good enough!

Wish I had a newer mtn bike with disc brakes.
frown.gif

I will have to make do with the antique mtn bike I have :1993 Diamondback. I have really not done any serous mtn biking. So I will have to try it before I commit to a pricier bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back