B 3
Na 2
K Mo P 21
Zn 11
Ca varies from 50 to 250ppm
Ba Mg 2
Sb Viscosity is around 9.5@100C

Sulfur % wt 0.1%

boy not much for adds?,must be all i nthe base stock???

Quote:

This is for a low ash synthetic formulation, but the additive pack may vary among manfacturers.

Generally, you want a low ash formulation for low deposits.

The base oils are a combination of Group IV and V's such as PAO's, esters, and polyisobutylenes (for low smoke formulations).

The other additives are anti-oxidants, anti-corrosion, metal deactivators, and high molecular weight dispersants.

Quote:
yamalube has 700moly and 250 p

Where did you get that data? Is that for a mineral TWO-cycle lube? That seems high to me. Some formulations use the moly for combustion improvements AND for friction reduction, but the right selection of base oils will get you good lubricity and friction reduction.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:

This is for a low ash synthetic formulation, but the additive pack may vary among manfacturers.

Generally, you want a low ash formulation for low deposits.

The base oils are a combination of Group IV and V's such as PAO's, esters, and polyisobutylenes (for low smoke formulations).

The other additives are anti-oxidants, anti-corrosion, metal deactivators, and high molecular weight dispersants.

Quote:
yamalube has 700moly and 250 p

Where did you get that data? Is that for a mineral TWO-cycle lube? That seems high to me. Some formulations use the moly for combustion improvements AND for friction reduction, but the right selection of base oils will get you good lubricity and friction reduction.

Nice info MolaKule thanks, let me ask you IYO how is yamalube compaired to amsoil's interceptor? any idea at all?

there is a voa (on internet) for yamalube thats where i got the info.

Yamalube is a synthetic blend.

But i like klotz benol for its high flash point and folm strength, i want to use it in my rotary where combustion temps are really high. And its only $2 more expensive then yamalube 2r for a qt.

FWIW, i'm using amsoil's saber pro. I've read many posts from seemingly informed people who say

1...do not use oils specifically for TCW-3
2...use JASO FC/FD approved oils

others cite a euro spec for 2 cycle.

BTW, one of them seemingly knowledgable types recommended the Saber pro product.

I can't tell you how well it works..but the RX-8 is running smooth and strong after 20,000 miles using this stuff in the gasoline at about 1 oz per gallon.

I dont trust asoil,

They posted 4 ball wear test on their site where RP oil did the worst, i think thats [censored].

i plan on mixing 1/2 oz per gal., note that factory oil injection on rx7 or 8 uses only 1 qt per 3k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back