Hankook Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these tires any good? Tried to buy Cooper but my long time tire dealer didn't cary my size in Cooper's. Any comment?

I've used them before with no problems at all... the tread seemed to last a [censored] of a long time, too. That was in my old '98 Altima GXE using Mileage Plus GT's. I don't know if they make them anymore, though.

I have a set that came factory on my Saturn Aura. They seem fine for the 14k miles I have on the car. I don't drive very aggressively but they maintain good traction in the rain and when cornering. They did good in the little snow we had this winter, and have 8/32 left on all 4, I rotated them once. I'd put another set on.

They are coming OE on a lot of cars, so they can't be that bad.

As far as Korean tires go, they're a great value for the average joe. I have Kumhos that take everything I throw at 'em and the tread still seems like new after 20K miles.

I had Hankook Ventus Sport K104s on my old car and they were frickin' awesome for the price. Most budget performance tires just focus on grip and have poor sidewalls or some other glaring weakness; the K104s were actually well-rounded (no pun intended).

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
As far as Korean tires go, they're a great value for the average joe. I have Kumhos that take everything I throw at 'em and the tread still seems like new after 20K miles.

I have heard that from quite a few...I wonder if they just like to be abused...

One day when I had my my K104s, I decided to dial in -3.3 degrees of camber in the front with my camber plates for fun. I ran it like that for a while, until the front tires had faint wisps of cord were showing on the inside edges. Then I rotated them front-to-back and drove on them from Philly to NY, through Manhattan, and back. In all that mileage and over all those potholes and cracked pavement, no problems (luckily).

They never lost air, never needed rebalancing, and never even scaled when I drove hard on them. I can't even say that of the Continentals I have now, which cost twice the money and definitely have not been worn down to the cord.

I didn't care for the OEM Hankook tires on my F-150. They did wear well but the sidewalls were very soft. I replaced them and traction and handling were noticeably improved.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
I didn't care for the OEM Hankook tires on my F-150. They did wear well but the sidewalls were very soft.

That's probably not Hankook's fault.

They built the tire to the criteria that Ford wanted. Sounds like "ride quality" was high on the list.

I got a set of their winter I-Pike for my Mercury this winter. Very nice tires all around. Good price, quiet, fine on dry roads too. No regrets.

I run their winter ipike.
Great tire in ice and snow.
They wear well and haven't had any punctures.
I seem to pick up nails in expensive tires for some reason.
I would like to try some other versions next time I buy some summer tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back