The Chevy story

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
A few weeks ago, my wife, our three kids and I took a trip to visit my aunt, uncle and cousin, who live on the other side of Markham.

Of course my aunt was excited to see the new vehicle, as was my little cousin, who is a "Ford guy" in training, while his dad is a die-hard GM guy.

My uncle observed the Expedition with the eye of a true GM man. Makes no real remarks other than he likes the colour and tires, but it was all in good spirit, as the air is clear and upbeat with everyone happy.

We go to move an antique piece for my aunt from the house to the barn. My cousin asks for the keys to the truck. My uncle laughs and I joke with him about it not being long before he'll be driving further than across the yard. This incites some good laughter from my uncle.

We unload the piece. The Ford guy, the Chevy guy, and his son, who, much to his dismay is leaning to the dark side..... And the tail gate won't close.

He slams it. No go. He slams it again. No go. My cousin is laughing. My uncle, in good humour states: "Arg! Not in front of the Ford guy!!" His face was a little red and my cousin and I burst into riots of laughter and he then joined us.

My aunt pops out to see what we are laughing at, and when the story is repeated, she interjects with a devilish grin that it does it all the time, but it was really funny when both the restraining cords snapped
grin2.gif

He figures he won't be living this one down. I'm sure my little cousin won't let him
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back