Penrite Everyday Synthetic ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried these oils ? THey have a 10W40 and a 5W50... GRoup 3 oils, Full Saps with reported 1020ppm of Zinc for both oils. SM A3/B4 claiming to meet a whole range to Manufacturers specs. This oil is made in Australia, but i see it has a U.S and UK website.....

for example, they say HPR10 which is a 10w-50 is OK where a 5w-30 or 10w-30 is specified, especially when VVT engines and ILSAC motor oil is recommended!

lol, yes i know they are always thicker than the rest, this is their motto in some ways.

The Synthetics on the other hand seem to be in line.

Penrite are starting to fall into line with manufacturer spec viscosities.

I hadn't run any of their oils for over fifteen years until recently. I'm currently running a low SAPS 10W-40 HDEO in two vehicles and one is on it's second oil change with it.
I'll have a UOA in a few weeks, so it'll be interesting to see what it looks like.

looking forward to it. The Everyday Synth Gp3 stuff, doesnt have the out of this world viscosities, decent Noak of 9%, HTHS of 4 for teh 10W40. On special at Repco for $40, i will give it a try. Still got 5000k's to go on my Synpower 10W50.

ttdi-rick post.

:I'm currently running a low SAPS 10W-40 HDEO in two vehicles and one is on it's second oil change with it.
Is this castrol 10w-40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back