MP3 Play Order Screwy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I'm thinking about getting a MP3 player, I've played with an old Samsung phone that had a player built in. I also had a friend lend me a RCA Lyra.

Both devices have played the audio books that I've uploaded in a really screwy order.

On the Lyra, I've even used a MP3 tag and rename software to rename the files to 1.mp3, 2.mp3, and yet it still plays the 18th chapter first. This is the same thing the Samsung phone did.

WTH??? I just want to be able to listen to a book from CHAPTER 1!

I avoided that in the past with an mp3 file merger program. I don't remember the name but I think it was an open source project on sourceforge.

Ok, I give up.

I used Tag & Rename to delete all the tag info and this time the first file it played was 42.MP3. There was 50 MP3 files starting from 01.mp3.

Google for mp3 merge freeware programs and combine them all into 1 large file. You won't be able to skip through the chapters, though

Originally Posted By: CivicFan
Google for mp3 merge freeware programs and combine them all into 1 large file. You won't be able to skip through the chapters, though

That makes it a pretty useless audio book player.

I have a shareware version of a MP3 merge prog, but as Panda has said, that kinda defeats the purpose of having chapters.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back