2007-08 BMW 328i sedan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two concerns:
1. May be boiler plate, but: "...transportation fees may apply".
2. This appears to be an internet auction vs making an offer or agreeing to a sale price transaction.

Just curious, I know you're rather young, Mike, somewhere around 19-20.....how the HECK can you afford a newer BMW???

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Just curious, I know you're rather young, Mike, somewhere around 19-20.....how the HECK can you afford a newer BMW???

If someone has a part-time job and practically no other expenses due to still living at home (no rent to pay, no groceries to buy, no bills to pay), then basically all the money he makes he can throw at a monthly car payment. A lot of kids do that. Whether it's the best use of one's money or not... that's a separate discussion.

Yeah, and another discussion is if the person shoud get out and pay their own way, instead of freeloading off their folks and getting to buy Beemers!

I guess I'm old-fashioned, I think you should earn your way, and be able to afford that kind of luxury before you get it - you start at the bottom, and work your way up...

But, I guess that's the way the younger generation does it these days...lucky them!

:p

His parents would probably kill him if he brought home a BMW without finishing college.

This is kind of off topic, but has you seen the website leasetrader.com and all the fancy leased cars people are desperately trying to get rid now that they are ca$h poor and almost broke. I have never understood why do people buy fancy cars and live in a tiny little apartment or townhouse ?
54.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

If someone has a part-time job and practically no other expenses due to still living at home (no rent to pay, no groceries to buy, no bills to pay), then basically all the money he makes he can throw at a monthly car payment. A lot of kids do that. Whether it's the best use of one's money or not... that's a separate discussion.

It's going to be my parent's car, I would probably drive the Saturn. I actually prefer driving the Saturn over a new car because it gives me an excuse to do auto repair.

Mike,

Just like to say I'm sorry...jumped on ya a bit harshly...

From I've seen on here, you DO sound like a responsible, hard working young man who's always ready to help out. some of 'your generation' don't embrace that quite as much, but I'm sure you know that....

If the BMW is going to be for your parents, you should probably avoid the sport suspension & sport seats. It takes a bit of a nut to enjoy those.

some of 'your generation' don't embrace that quite as much, but I'm sure you know that....

As a BITOGer closer to The Critic's age than to the ages of many of the more "experienced" forum members, I'd like to point out that some in all generations don't embrace responsibility and hard work.

Just a pet peeve of mine.

I would post that "kids these days" Socrates quote if I were pretty sure it actually a Socrates quote.

Originally Posted By: rationull
I would post that "kids these days" Socrates quote if I were pretty sure it actually a Socrates quote.

You mean the quote about how kids these days are less obedient, more disrespectful and ill-mannered than they were in his day? Yup, Socrates said that about 25 centuries ago.

Yeah, this one:

Quote:

The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.

It's attributed to Socrates but I'm not sure of the historical record.

Nobody is sure about it. Plato said pretty much the same thing, and he's the one who wrote down what he claims is what Socrates said. I guess Plato was the teacher's pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back