SP111 TRANSMISSION OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARE THERE ANY TRANSMISSION FLUIDS COMPATIBLE WITH hYUNDAI" SP111 TRANSMISSION FLUID? IF YOU DO A LOT OF HIGHWAY DRIVING HOW OFTEN SHOULD TRANSMISSION FLUID BE CHANGED?

30k drain and fill or 60k complete flush/exchange seems to be the consensus around here.
Every ATF manufacturer seems to make a SPIII compatable fluid. look at multi-vehicle fluids which are often MERCONV.

castrol import multi vehicle transmission fluid says it is recommended for vehicles using SP111 transmission fluid has anybody used it as a replacement?

I know, I'm new here too but from what I have seen, looked for, and discussed regarding Mitsubishi/Hyundai SP III (not SP111) both fluids are the same, and this topic has already been discussed. Please refer to my posts, or do a search on this topic before posting!

Just providing sound advice.

Also depends on what you are looking to spend. Some people on this board are running Amsoil ATF in their Hyundai. How much is SPIII from the dealer?

Under normal driving, the fluid does not need to be FLUSHED until seven years or 105,000 miles, whichever comes first.

AMSOIL ATF, Castrol Import Multi-Vehicle ATF and Valvoline Maxlife ATF are all multi-vehicle fluids that claim SP-III compatibility but are not OEM approved.

Also, you should also be aware that Hyundai uses a chemical tracer in the SP-III fluid. In the event that the transmission fails, a fluid sample is taken and if the fluid is not SP-III, you'll be facing an uphill battle.

You might want to wait until you are out of warranty (the fluid change isn't due until 105k) before switching to a non-OE fluid. The fluid may turn brown, but that's normal according to Hyundai.

you have all been helpful thank you for your comments and corrections on SPIII transmission fluid . The latest price on the fluid a quart from the dealer is $8.50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back