Napa Gold oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too I purchased 6 cases of the oil while it was on sale. Also use NAPA GOLD oil filters....I think that they are made by WIX.

I've used the Golds a few times on my GTI. I've never had a reason to complain. Worth the extra money? That's a difficult question to answer.

Originally Posted By: breeves
Are the NAPA Gold Filters worth the extra money. I am pleased with the NAPA brand synthetic oil.

If you are referring to NAPA Gold Vs NAPA Silver, yes, they are worth the extra money.

I'm running the NAPA synthetic right now and the truck likes it. I only bought a case so when it runs out, I'm going back to the Yellow bottle for the warmer months. I run the NAPA gold in my my Ford Bronco and it's worked well.

They are SO worth it.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
Originally Posted By: dkcase
Remember to check the site sponsor Fleetfilter.com for your Napa Gold filter needs.

Agreed! Great prices!
I agree as well.
01.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: jediwebmstr
for a 4000 OCI is it worth going with a NAPA Gold over a Proselect?

Have to agree with the positive posts about worth or not. I've used Napa Gold on about ten different apps and the QC is terrific. They always fit and give good UOA results.
The cost from fleetfilter.com makes it a no-brainer. IMHO

I would not use a ProSelect past a maximum of 3000 miles, due to the difference in filter media between it and the Napa Gold. The way I understand it the Napa Gold is designed to give better performance over a longer OCI. I use ProSelects and they work great, but I always follow a very strict 3000 mile OCI. I think even Pete C. posted in an older post here that Wix really doesn't recommend a longer OCI for ProSelect filters either. Also if your filter does not mount vertically and your application really needs a silicon ADBV, a Napa Gold would be much better especially in a longer OCI. ProSelects have a nitrile ADBV.

There have been some posts here about the Napa Nascar filter and Spin Flow, personally I just don't buy into the theory. I don't need that kind of filter anyway. ProSelects and Napa house brand HM 10w30 work just fine for my truck. But I may just buy a few cases of Maxlife 10W30 this month due to the sale price on it at Napa for March, $3.55 per quart, which is just a few cents more than Napa brand HM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back