Budweiser & Clamato...what is this terrible thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped at the gas station tonight for a beer. I almost always go for Modelo these days, but they had this "Budweiser & Clamato" junk next to it. For some reason I thought I should try it. I had no idea what the heck Clamato was. Anyway, this stuff is awful. I really have no clue what the [censored] they were thinking. It's basically salty tomato juice that is supposed to have beer mixed with it. It's terrible...do not drink it.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
It tastes better than plain old Budweiser.

Clamato is clam and tomato juice.

What doesn't taste better than plain old Budweiser?

Yeah, I figured that out in the first sip. It does not go well with beer IMO!

I really should have gone with trusty old Modelo...lesson learned.

You think it's bad by itself, try it with "la combinacion perfecta"! Those are AH Busch's words, definitely not mine.

My brother got one of these the other day, and we thru it away it was so horrible.

I was first introduced to the ' poor man's bloody mary ' a few years ago and i actually really like it.

What it is is 3/4 of a glass of clamato juice w/ the rest coors light beer. We always get plenty of this for hunting season.
This is the only time we drink, so we are not drinkers any other time during the year.

I actually sometimes enjoy drinking one of these when I'm eating the Gardetto's roasted garlic rye chips. Otherwise, I am not at all a fan of drinking beer while eating.

Originally Posted By: newpassatt
It tastes better than plain old Budweiser.

BUD LIGHT [censored]

Does anyone know a beer that has Miller Highlife flavor, without the sweetness?

Last edited:
About 8 years ago, I was in Winnipeg and a friend of mine was adding shots of Clamato to his beer.

I asked him what the [censored] was he doing and he replied it was the most refreshing drink he's ever had.

I couldn't bring myself to taste it.

My wife and I saw this stuff in the liquor store a while ago. OK, just WHO wants CLAM JUICE in their beer?!? I don't want anything in my beer except BEER, and for sure I don't want CLAM JUICE in it. Maybe I'm just weird that way but I don't want the tomato juice in there either.

I'm with you on Clamato.

I will say that a Shandy is good on a summer day, though (lemonade + beer).

I've made many Bloody Mary's with a mix that has clam juice in it. What the H3ll are you guys talking about drinking it with Beer for??

Originally Posted By: oily boyd
I will say that a Shandy is good on a summer day, though (lemonade + beer).

I haven't had a Radler since I turned 16...

Originally Posted By: newpassatt

A few things that do not taste better than Budweiser:
-gasoline
-winter road salt
-pond scum

That's about it.

Originally Posted By: jorton

Does anyone know a beer that has Miller Highlife flavor, without the sweetness?

Sweetness IS the whole Miller High Life flavor. Buku corn adjuncts = sweet corny High Life flavor.

Word up Acuratech....can't stand that stuff myself. Now, when it comes to mixing stuff with beer, I'm not one to do that, however, I have had a couple of Flaming Dr. Peppers, and I must say, it was pretty [censored] good.

Really? They sell that? Well probably not TOO much.
shocked2.gif
37.gif

I have nothing against clams or clam juice......or tomator juice...but crikes....mixed and bottled. Ewe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back