who knows 22r engines......

Status
Not open for further replies.
22r 1986 truck. Truck runs super rich before it's fully warmed up.I've already locked open choke before to no result.I've even disconnected a 3/8 vacuum line before starting dead cold,and it revs up a few hundred rpm.What else can i check? fuel level is fine.

AAP diaphragm. Inboard side of carb, facing valve cover, 3 screws hold it on, 1 vac line plugged into it.
EDIT: I think inboard side, its been awhile.

Last edited:
so from the carb,the fuel travels from the aap through the vac. line to the int. manifold? If this is correct,then i can cap the aap till a replacement comes in.

Try a super carb cleaner then maybe a carb rebuild or replacement. My wife had a 84 4x4 with a 22r, it also has been a long time.

I put 335000 miles on a 1988 pickup but I never opened the hood and I don't know what a carburetor is. Anything else I can help you with?
grin2.gif

wink.gif

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
so from the carb,the fuel travels from the aap through the vac. line to the int. manifold? If this is correct,then i can cap the aap till a replacement comes in.

no fuel should be in the vacuum line, that is indicating the diaphragm is broken. you could try capping it and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back