No more Havoline at Walmart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

I have been using Havoline Conventional oil for 6 or 7 years now. Recently all the Walmarts in my area pulled it from the shelves because of lack of sales. Is this a nationwide thing or just regional? Looks like I will have to find out who else sells it or switch to another brand. Anyone else see Havoline disappearing from their local Walmart?

Wayne

WM stopped selling Havoline in Canada over 10 years ago. Can only get it at 'PartsSource' now.

The local Walmart told me they are not going to stock it because they were not selling enough of it.

Wayne

Our local Walmarts are no longer stocking Havoline and are not reordering Quaker state. They say they are going to carry Mobil 1, Pennzoil, an an expanded Valvoline line. They say they will not reorder 5W-20 as they showed me some with 2006 dates on it.

They were setting up a nice display of Shell Rotella in conventional and synthetic.

My Walmart hads lots of 10w30 and 10w40 Havoline on closeout.

I didn't buy any cause I think it should have been much lower in price.

$9 for the 5 quart jug of Havoline DS , or $2.49 per quart

5w20 Mobil 5000 is on closeout for $1.99 qt

15w40 Rotella Synthetic $3.49 qt

Last edited by a moderator:
Havoline is also all gone at all my stores as well. The DS had a price hike that did them in. All that awsome advertising got them nowhere. I am dissapointed and did try thier new DS, but the price drove me away when the MC is less money and in my opinion slightly better for 5k drains.

Wait a few months and I bet they will have it back and it will be cheap. Havoline will renegotiate. Walmart better not stop selling QS, they sell boat loads of it at my store. MC, YB, QS are the top sellers.

Originally Posted By: Fordiesel69
Havoline is also all gone at all my stores as well. The DS had a price hike that did them in. All that awsome advertising got them nowhere. I am dissapointed and did try thier new DS, but the price drove me away when the MC is less money and in my opinion slightly better for 5k drains.

Wait a few months and I bet they will have it back and it will be cheap. Havoline will renegotiate. Walmart better not stop selling QS, they sell boat loads of it at my store. MC, YB, QS are the top sellers.
I don't even think we have YB at my store. I have seen the PP though. Only thing on sale here is the Quaker State.

Originally Posted By: wtd
I have been using Havoline Conventional oil for 6 or 7 years now. Recently all the Walmarts in my area pulled it from the shelves because of lack of sales. Is this a nationwide thing or just regional? Looks like I will have to find out who else sells it or switch to another brand. Anyone else see Havoline disappearing from their local Walmart?

Wayne

No more havoline out this way (washington) either except for a few old bottles with half inch of dust on them. Guess no one wants the stuff any more.

I think Quaker States rebranding of their oil in clear bottles and less focus on the visosity calling the oils wierd name such as Q was a disaster for them and took them completely out of the market.

it seems wm is not selling oil like they used too i saw dust on some a few months ago maybe they should roll back their prices on oil that would get sales back.. i remember when the 5qt. jug of pennzoil 5w30 was $10.00 EVERYONE was buying it and they would run low on it all the time now the price is up and it sits on the shelf..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back