European Penzoil Platinum 0W-30 & 5W-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came across the technical data sheet for PP Euro on American website, I have never seen or heard of this product before. Specs do look pretty okay, I wonder how much does it cost, I am sure like all Pennzoil products, this should also have a killer price about CAN$7-9 a liter or a quart....

Technical Data Sheet
http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/Domest...laMotorOils.pdf

Now, where can this product be found?

Please share your thoughts about the specs of this oil...these oils meet lot of standards!

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
...it almost looks like the reason nobody can find it is because it's sold in drums...

Maybe that and the fact that they are SL oils.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
I've heard that Jiffy Lube carries it here in the US.

I asked my local JL about it once. I might have as well asked them if they've seen BigFoot.

The last time I was able to find the PP 5w40 Euro was at Napa and over a year ago (and was dated 2005, the Group V stuff). I know in my area each store had received a few cases to see how it sold and they decided not to stock it. I was able to go to multiple stores and buy about 4 cases worth for my Audi (since it didn't sell well) and prices varied by store from under $4 to $7/quart.

The online sources I had found no longer carry it or the 5w30 either.

Last edited:
...anything which says euro one it sells like crazy...because people understand an oil made to meet standards of the European Cars will be of higher quality...look at GC...sells like hot cakes...I wonder why the Euro Pennzoil didn't do well?

Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
...I wonder why the Euro Pennzoil didn't do well?

Because Pennzoil sludges Euro engines too.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Bookmaker
Originally Posted By: Ibrahim
...I wonder why the Euro Pennzoil didn't do well?

Because Pennzoil sludges Euro engines too.
wink.gif

...this was funny..ha!

Tire Kingdom has a contract with PZ, and while I worked there, there was a PZ catalog listing a huge variety of unique oils. However, there is a complex ordering procedure, and the store needed to commit to having a certain amount on hand.

Rather than face the stress, the service writers would buy M1 0w40 from a nearby place when a Euro car came in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back