rotate tyres - different brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK i know I should never have been in this situation in the first place.

2x type A tyres up front. Type B and Type C on the back (the two back tyres are different). Typde D (the OEM tyre) is on the spare.

Is it ok to rotate my tyres with the varying brands? If i rotate according to the manual I will have 4 different tyres on the car. Tread overall seem pretty similar, within 1mm of each other.

How about a random rotation method that matches your random tire choice?
LOL.gif

not random, but budget driven. but in a sense it is random, whichever is on sale at the time.

I am worried about stuffing the handling up or causing steering/braking wobble

Leave the matched pair in front and do whatever with the rear. Better tread on RR is my recommendation.

thanks. I might leave things as they are until the fronts are worn down then buy a complete set of 5, and then start rotating.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
not random, but budget driven. but in a sense it is random, whichever is on sale at the time.

I am worried about stuffing the handling up or causing steering/braking wobble

It worked for Mad Max.
wink.gif

I agree with not rotating 5 tyres. (particularly as my car has 4 alloys and a steely).

I move backs to front, then cross the fronts onto the back (RWD).

Worst car for tyre ever was parent's R16. Back tyres were only along for the ride, and cracked long before half the tread was gone. Fronts were stuffed much more quickly.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
On my 2007 Honda Accord and all other cars I had in the past I only rotate front to back on the same side....no criss cross...

I think this may be best - the US toyota camry repair manual shows this is the thing to do, but my owner's manua shows crossing over whether incoporating the spare or not.

I like doing it this way because I never get into a radial lead problem and the tires are wearing nice.....They are Michelins V rated and have 63,000 on them with around 5/32 left on all of the tires...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back