Longest lasting engine/Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noobs

#1) Volvo red blocks. Several million mile plus examples. Irv Gorden holds the world's record at 2.25 million+ miles...and going.

#2) Mercedes diesels.

Either car is only retired when it is wrecked or rusts to much by age 30.

Fords 4.6L
Fords 4.9L 300 C.I. 6cyl
Mercedes 5 cyl 3.0L diesel
International/Ford 7.3L D.I. powerstroke
Internatinals DT-466
Cummins N-14

even though im a dyed in the wool cat man I gotta give it to the N-14 not power houses but they just flat run miles

Originally Posted By: mormit
Noobs

#1) Volvo red blocks. Several million mile plus examples. Irv Gorden holds the world's record at 2.25 million+ miles...and going.

#2) Mercedes diesels.

Either car is only retired when it is wrecked or rusts to much by age 30.

You beat me to it!

Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
Name what you think to be the longest lasting engine or car!

My pick is the H22A of the 1990s from the Honda. Known to churn out 400+ miles!

400 whole miles? wow. I think the PRV V6 might have that one beat!

No doubt for gas engines, Volvo red blocks. I've had turbo versions pushing 300K+ with no wear. Non-turbo 800K-1 million+ as the others have said.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
Name what you think to be the longest lasting engine or car!

My pick is the H22A of the 1990s from the Honda. Known to churn out 400+ miles!

400 whole miles? wow. I think the PRV V6 might have that one beat!

No doubt for gas engines, Volvo red blocks. I've had turbo versions pushing 300K+ with no wear. Non-turbo 800K-1 million+ as the others have said.

How is the transmission holding up? I really want to get a Euro car but their high repair cost and finicky nature scare me away.

I should have added a strong #3. Ford Crown Vics. My town retires their police cars when they are getting around the 350K range.

I'm sure it would be nice picking up one of their used patrol cars since it would have Cop shocks, Cop suspension, Cop steering.....

Originally Posted By: mormit
I should have added a strong #3. Ford Crown Vics. My town retires their police cars when they are getting around the 350K range.

I'm sure it would be nice picking up one of their used patrol cars since it would have Cop shocks, Cop suspension, Cop steering.....
grin2.gif

Gas:
1. Ford Crown Vic/Lincoln Town Car with a 4.6L I've seen numerous examples with 700,000+Km on them.
2. Ford F-series with the 300 I6 LOTS of them with well over 1/2 million miles.

Diesel:
1. DT466 (I6)
2. DT444 (V8)

The old Dodge work vans with a slant-6 My dad had one at his service station and it had 1 million kilometers on it before he got rid of it. Was still running...

He also had a Willys Jeep for snow plowing and the thing had a gazillion of miles when he bought it and he ran it for 10 years without troubles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back