Mobil 1 0W-40 in jugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent an email to Mobil 1 and asked why Mobil 1 0W-40 was not available in 4 or 5 qt. jugs since it is available in 4l. jugs according to this site:

http://www.exxonmobil.com/AP-English/Files/about_who_Mobil1_supersyn_eng.pdf

This is the answer I received:

John,

ExxonMobil is continually accessing the market on what products and packaging to utilize, your comments will be passed on for review and consideration.

-- Thank you for choosing ExxonMobil products.
If you need further assistance, please contact ExxonMobil at 1-800-ASK-MOBIL
MJ

Originally Posted By: john1944
John,

ExxonMobil is continually accessing the market on what products and packaging to utilize, your comments will be passed on for review and consideration.

-- Thank you for choosing ExxonMobil products.
If you need further assistance, please contact ExxonMobil at 1-800-ASK-MOBIL
MJ

MJ doesn't know the difference between "to assess" and " to access." That's reassuring.

The funny thing is, he probably didn't come up with it on his own, but instead copied and pasted it from some central database of typical responses, which makes ExxonMobil look even worse.

Originally Posted By: BGK
All motor oil should be sold in 5 quart jugs, unless the oil isn't designed for oil changes!

But my car requires over 5 quarts oil! I prefer buying a 5 liter jug plus a 1 liter bottle.

Seems gallon or 5 qt jugs would be appropriate for 0W-40 since most cars specifying this grade have larger sumps.

As an owner of (2) 4qt sump cars, I currently don't have much need for qt bottles.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Seems gallon or 5 qt jugs would be appropriate for 0W-40 since most cars specifying this grade have larger sumps.

Most people use inappropriate oil. They don't read 250 page manuals. Gary Allan claims the latter.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back