A-squared free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have a free web scanner, a free downloadable version that scans only, and a pay version that also has proactive real time scanning as well as realtime signature based scanning.

I have used some anti-Trojan programs. I used the paid version of A-Squared in the past. It found a possible backdoor in the Firefox web browser and I have not used Firefox since.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Free version does not have real time protection.

You might try free PcTools Threatfire.

thanks ZZ and the rest..thats what i thought.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
I have used some anti-Trojan programs. I used the paid version of A-Squared in the past. It found a possible backdoor in the Firefox web browser and I have not used Firefox since.

The beauty of Firefox, and all other open source software is that once an issue is found, *everyone* knows about it *right now*, and thousands of pairs of eyes (that are attached to brains that take the issue personally) are on it.

Whatever was found is fixed by now.

v4.0 is the top rated of all AS programs. I used to use SAS till I got the a-squared. I think I'll update to the anti-malware which isn't frewe. Had Threatfire (I have Spyware Doctor) but no end of trouble. Ditched it.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
v4.0 is the top rated of all AS programs. I used to use SAS till I got the a-squared. I think I'll update to the anti-malware which isn't frewe. Had Threatfire (I have Spyware Doctor) but no end of trouble. Ditched it.

I use A-Squared, SAS and Malwarebytes. I also run Threatfire and have never had any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back