Tire Pressure Gauges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone broke into my glove box and stole my baby. I've had this great air pressure gauge for about 20 years that I really liked. I don't remember the brand, it was just a very high quality round dial gauge made mainly of brass with a big face at least 2 inches in diameter with an easy to read needle that would hold the reading until you pushed a bleeder valve to release the pressure. I think it would read up to around 100 psi. It had a rubber cover that protected the gauge from accidental damage if dropped, etc. I paid a good buck for it when I bought it, and I haven't seen them around lately. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or know where I can find another one? I looked on ebay but everything looked kinda chintzy. I don't want anything digital. If I find out who took it, grrr....

Sounds like a CSI Chicago situation.

I feel your pain, sucks to lose or even worse have things stolen that have sentimental value.

Who steals a tire pressure gauge?

At any rate, I have the Accu-Gauge EZ-Air Tire Gauge
Model# EZ02. It's rugged and I've verified it's very accurate.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch

How do you do that? Reason I ask is I have about 4 digital gauges. Each of them read about .5 - 1.5 psi different.

Originally Posted By: oldmaninsc

How do you do that? Reason I ask is I have about 4 digital gauges. Each of them read about .5 - 1.5 psi different.

I tested it against a pump, an analog stick gauge and TWO digital gauges. There was never more than .5 difference in any of them.
I purchased it online, just search for the model number I listed above.

Who steals a tire pressure gauge?

Probably the same douche bag that stole my outside rear view mirror. Not the housing, just the mirror.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Chris,

Where did you buy yours and how much ?

They have the round dial Accu gauges at Advance Auto parts. I have one - solid brass and kick a$$! I think they run about $15 bucks. Fully geared, precision movement with bronze bourdon tube.

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/productdetail.aspx?MfrCode=GHM&MfrPartNumber=S60X&CategoryCode=3192

Mine came with the rubber guard.

With that straight tube design, have you ever had a problem with it not fitting onto the valve because of the angle or clearance? What about motorcycle tires, any issues there?

I could never understand why the pencil gauges are designed to use at an angle. I always lose air when trying to fit it right. Couldn't they make it so it's used straight? It's be a lot easier to aim.

Just bought this one yesterday:

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?...ore&dir=catalog

40264.JPG

Overk1ll, does the part on the end that you put on the valve spin or move, or is it one solid piece with the brass shaft that it is attached to? I had one that rotated, and it was a pain using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back