GM 9986115 Grape Juice Diff Oil Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been searching everywhere trying to find a spec sheet on this product. There seems to be a lot of opinions that it has little/no sulphur and large amounts of phosphorus. It is also believed to have seal conditioners. If so, I think it would be great for shaft drive motorcycles. Has anyone seen a product data sheet or does anyone know if it really is sulphur free or low sulphur. I think a TAN would probably tell.

Here is what I can find right now. There is probably more.

KV 100C 14.4 cSt
KV 40C 80 cSt

Elements %wt
S 2.26
P 0.216
Zn nil
Ca nil
N 0.104
B 0.21

I'll try to find some more if you need it.

Thank you Whitewolf
thankyou2.gif

Is the S 2.26 sulphur? If it is does that mean 22,600 PPM? If so, the folk on the Corvette forum sure have it wrong.
shocked2.gif

It looks like a super duty EP lube with a EC type viscosity range but my greatest accomplishment in chemistry is when I was in high school and mixed hydrochloric acid and sulphuric acid because someone said it would explode. It really will but the sprinkler system needed a good test.
spankme2.gif

Originally Posted By: FrankN4
Thank you Whitewolf
thankyou2.gif

Is the S 2.26 sulphur? If it is does that mean 22,600 PPM? If so, the folk on the Corvette forum sure have it wrong.
shocked2.gif

Yes

Originally Posted By: Spykem4e
2.26.. isn't already in ppm?

For what it's worth I have now found another set of numbers that agree with the first ones that I posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back