Tiger Paws at Tire Kingdom: $60

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says all sizes, $59.99 through the end of Feb. 60K mile warranty. Though they don't have the white letters I would like, this seems like a very good deal. (We'll see about any hidden costs.) I am tempted.

The ad is posted on their homepage, as of this morning.

http://www.tirekingdom.com/

We have a local Dodge dealer that slaps this tire on all of their trade-in's that need tires.

That tells me all that I need to know right there.

You do realize that you're looking at a low end Uniroyal here...

What size are you looking for, on what vehicle?

Tiger paws above came on my 03 tracker, they are down right scary in snow or wet pavement. They do have about 80,000 miles on them and are no where near the wear bars... Based on the wear so far I think I can get at least 60,000 miles more. Really I should replace them but I'm cheap and we have snows for the winter.

I can't really imagine them on a car with any amount of hp, my 127hp in 3000lbs lights them up in second gear on wet pavement.
High wear ratings and cheap tires don't make for good traction in my experience.
Ian

The sort of store that advertisises low tire prices usually has high install fees. Once you pay for mounting and balancing, you're looking at 75~80 bucks a tire, maybe more.

I'm not saying the tires are bad, I have no experience with them, but for that price, you can get a quality name brand tire installed at walmart or samsclub or costco any day of the week. The benifit of Sams or Costco is that you have a warranty good at hundreds of locations built into the cost of the tire.

I recently had to buy tires and in my research I did not hear any good info on Uniroyals. I could not find any reports of good performance on Tiger Paws. However I did get a great deal on a set of Firestone Destination LE 235/75R15 for my Dakota. I got them at Tires Plus for $422.00, mounted, balanced with lifetime rotation, balance and road hazard policy. These are turning out to be excellent tires and have great traction wet or dry, they run very quietly and give a really smooth solid ride quality. Not much more expensive than the $60 Uniroyals in TK's ad. I got raised white lettering too, which makes it a great-looking tire on my truck.

I wonder if the Uniroyal ad is just a hook to get you in the store so they can upsell you a better/more expensive tire.

Just my .02, but I really like my Firestones.

Last edited:
Those only come in 65-75 series. Good for grandpa's cutlass ciera.

"Tiger paw" is one of those overused names, for which there are 30 subcategories.

Walmart wants $60 for their bargain douglas in that size series, if I had to pick, the uniroyals would win by a mile.

Called earlier. $283 out the door. Or about 10 bucks intsall per tire. Also willing to let me carry 4 out without the install. But no 225 75 15s, just 235s...

Jeep is what they will go on. Don't need muc here in Carolinas. 85% dry pavement for me.

Another option in that size would be the Goodyear Wrangler P235/75R-15's at Wal-Mart for $65 each. These tires were discussed right here within the last week.

Plus, you'd get a raised white letter, and a tire that would look *very* nice and very much "at home" on that Jeep.

Otherwise, for $283 out the door, those Uniroyals would work, if you're looking for nothing more than 10/32's of tread.

We have about 19 k miles on tiger paws on my wife's Vue. They're down to 4-6 mm already.

FYI, Uniroyal is owned by Michelin. I doubt if they put Uniroyal on the side of the tire it is a bad tire. Lower cost tires fill a need for some individuals. If your going to buy a low cost tire your best bet is one with the actual manufacturer's name written on the tire.

Just my .02.

Originally Posted By: MC5W20
I doubt if they put Uniroyal on the side of the tire it is a bad tire.

No one ever said it was a bad tire... it's not a Firestone. OK, that was a cheap shot.

However, it is an inexpensive tire from a manufacturer that is aimed at your "budget minded" tire buyer.

That's why I said if the guy is only looking for a tire with tread, then it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back