Falken Sincera SN-828

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriends grandfather needs new tires for his 96 Ford Taurus. The size i'm looking for is 205/65/15. He needs to stay below $350 installed. I been really happy with America's Tire. So I will most likely buy from them.

Does anybody have experience with these Falken's? There are not on their website. So that kind of scares me. They are T rated, with a treadwear of 500. They also have a 60,000 mile warranty.

Thanks

falpt1.ang.jpg

I would get something that has more siping for the winter months. It means spending more money per tire, but will be worth it.

Why not the General Altimax HP? It's been getting excellent reviews everywhere and comes with a 55k mile treadwear warranty.

$64 at TireRack. America's Tire should be able to match that or at least come very close when you factor in the install.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Why not the General Altimax HP?

x 2. Seem to be a lot of satisfied owners on Tire Rack's reviews for this tire. You could have it drop-shipped to the shop of your choice and get everything done for a little over $300.

If you are looking at Discount Tire, use http://www.DiscountTireDirect.com instead, and have them shipped to your local shop or house for free. The prices are typically much lower than DiscountTire.com and the local stores, and if there are no shipping warehouses in your state, then there is also no sales tax. It all adds up. Good luck!

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
If you are looking at Discount Tire, use http://www.DiscountTireDirect.com instead, and have them shipped to your local shop or house for free. The prices are typically much lower than DiscountTire.com and the local stores, and if there are no shipping warehouses in your state, then there is also no sales tax. It all adds up. Good luck!

Exactly. That is where I will be buying my tires from. The good thing is that they price match. The tires that you question has great reviews on that website. I'm actually going to purchase Falken ZE-912 since I found them cheaper on another site and use DTD.com to price match.

My brother bought these tires about a year ago from Discount Tire Direct for a Cavalier, he seems satisfied. DTD told him in North America the tire is only available through them, this may be why it doesn't show up on their web site.

Thanks for the replies guys. I have never been a fan of Continental tires. My Altima came with Conti-Pro Contacts. I can't wait for them to wear out. I also have had the Sport Contact-2's, and the Touring Contacts in the past.

It looks like Firestone has buy 3, get 1 free on their Affinity Touring tire. It looks like he could get those for about $310 installed.

Well, I bought the Pirelli P5's. It was $382.00 out the door, plus I will get back $60.00 on the rebate.

They have a treadwear of 760, and a warranty of 85,000 miles. I have read good reviews on this tire. Everybody seems to be happy with their rain performance. These tires will most likely be the last set on this 96 Taurus.

pirpt6.ang.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back