A fresh change blows across the land

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Our "free" press here supports one side, big time. But NPR is publicly funded and has a slant as well.

Methinks you have grown up with your slant and don't recognize it. (no offense). We (as a country) lived through FDR. Yes, nothing compared to real dictator-communist systems, but in reality no one here will give the one side a "hard question" interview. No one. Well, maybe some want to, but those interviews are not granted nor aired.

But I will agree our press is really ridiculous for the most part. One must ferret out the news, and dig for the truth.

You continually neglect to mention Faux News in your diatribes against THE MEDIA. Why?
Oh yeah, they support one side, big, time as well.

So you finally admit most all other press sources are slanted one direction. Fox is pretty much the only TV exception. I suppose there are others.

I now will no longer respond to people who use Faux in place of Fox.

As you seem to enjoy saying, "Don't put words in my mouth. READ what I typed. Understand...."
If Faux is what you like, why watch anything else? Then you won't get upset by their bias, whichever direction it runs.

And this:

"I now will no longer respond to people who use Faux in place of Fox."

is hilarious!

Originally Posted By: MarkC
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Our "free" press here supports one side, big time. But NPR is publicly funded and has a slant as well.

Methinks you have grown up with your slant and don't recognize it. (no offense). We (as a country) lived through FDR. Yes, nothing compared to real dictator-communist systems, but in reality no one here will give the one side a "hard question" interview. No one. Well, maybe some want to, but those interviews are not granted nor aired.

But I will agree our press is really ridiculous for the most part. One must ferret out the news, and dig for the truth.

You continually neglect to mention Faux News in your diatribes against THE MEDIA. Why?
Oh yeah, they support one side, big, time as well.

Ah-Uh, sorry MarkC....................

An INDEPENDENT media watchdog COUNTED all of the negative Presidential Election coverages on the news channels.

Fox News was "for sure" DEAD EVEN at 40 for one side and 40 for the other.

MSNBC was "something like" 70 negative stories on the right and 19 negative stories on the left.

I can't find the story, but you cannot get any more even than 40 to 40!

So there.

wink.gif

Can you get more fair than 40 and 40? No.

Right now, Fox has 2 Liberals on and 1 Conservative panel guests.

Problem is, most Americans have been Sooooooo skewed by Liberal Media coverage (YES, 85% of them vote Liberal...) then cannot see it any other way!

Writing for the Los Angeles Times, Republican and conservative columnist Jonah Goldberg indicated his belief that Fox News was rightward-leaning: "Look, I think liberals have reasonable gripes with Fox News. It does lean to the right, primarily in its opinion programming but also in its story selection (which is fine by me) and elsewhere."

What a load.
It doesn't matter anyway. Whoever owns whatever media has the right-at least as far as I care--to be biased in whatever direction they want.
I have the intelligence to be able to pluck what actually happens out of whatever spin may or may not be applied.
I also have the power--as does anyone else-- not to read, watch or listen if that's my choice.

Any media outlet that would argue in court that they are for entertainment, and therefore not obliged to tell the truth would earn an instant off switch from me.

(assuming that they got turned on in the first place).

In my experience, and opinion, Fox - who I have yet to see broadcast any *news* in place of their current roster of 24/ 7 commentary, has a pretty heavy and obvious right slant; "right" being defined in the popular way today, complete with the infusion of the Christian right (which ruined the real right, in my opinion).

Pretty much every other national newscast I have seen; and boy howdy are they ever starting to adopt Fox's penchant for commentary, slant to the left, although not necessarily to the degree of Fox's right bias.

More important than my opinion and it's accuracy, though, is *all of our* ability to recognize any given bias on any given channel and temper our views of both the broadcast and it's subject accordingly. This is sad to me, as I have always thought of the media as an integral part of the balance of power necessary in a free, functional society; and I have lost most or all of my respect for most or all of the "journalists" on (network) television today.

How many non-Conservative commentators does it have in a day?
Please point out the Conservative commentators on;
ABC
NBC
CBS
CNN
MSNBC
PBS
(I'm sure I'm missing some channels)
and all the shows like;

Meet the press
20/20
Today
Good Morning America
The View
Oprah

and any other "balanced" "news" shows.

Then we add in the so "balanced" rags like Time, Newsweek and others.

It's ok, we are saved..
crackmeup2.gif

Quote:
This is sad to me, as I have always thought of the media as an integral part of the balance of power necessary in a free, functional society; and I have lost most or all of my respect for most or all of the "journalists" on (network) television today.

The free media was always our check and balance on "the establishment" ..making it accountable.

Now it's into social terraforming ..shaping and morphing opinion.

We've been told by the radicals and reactionaries to WAKE UP for a very long time. Both accurately identified that there was an enemy ..but they mistook each other for it.

It was never a tug-o-war for supremacy. The tug-o-war was the tool that kept you occupied while you were being taken to the cleaners.

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
How many non-Conservative commentators does it have in a day?
Please point out the Conservative commentators on;
ABC
NBC
CBS
CNN
MSNBC
PBS
(I'm sure I'm missing some channels)
and all the shows like;

Meet the press
20/20
Today
Good Morning America
The View
Oprah

and any other "balanced" "news" shows.

Then we add in the so "balanced" rags like Time, Newsweek and others.

It's ok, we are saved..
crackmeup2.gif

I don't need to point out anything, since I'm not arguing that anyone else is biased or not. I'm talking about Faux News.
It they have THE TRUTH and if, as they claim, most Americans feel as they do, then they should soon dominate the ratings and become the lone behemoth of American news media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back