lucas trans fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing as good as replacing the seals... You can try an Ester based Transmission fluid, or an ARX treatment which may soften the seals and swell them a bit.

All LUCAS products IMO aren't worth the money.

Lucas Transmission treatment is the one product they have that I have heard from friends and online commentary that actually works fairly well, but not so much as a stop leak. It's not the first thing I would use to try and revive a problematic unit, but maybe more as a last resort.

I have used Auto-Rx to clean and revive older units, but not necessarily to stop leaks.

I used a quart of Prestone brand transmission stop-leak that I found at WM and it worked well. This was a quick fix for a car that no one was keeping the fluid levels topped off regularly and it was nearly running out of fluid between times when I would get to it. It slowed the leak down to a trace, and the thing I liked about the Prestone brand stuff was that it looked, smelled, and poured like a fully formulated ATF rather than a strait dose of solvent like some of the others. The FWD Chrysler Cirrus that i used it in was not leaking at the pan, but rather the seal behind the torque converter. Now when I check the fluid level, it is usually not down much more that half a quart.

If these O.C. additives really fixed things 100% then mechanics would be out of business.

Do the job right, replace the defective parts... You will be happier and you won't have parted with your money for products that IMO don't work.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Nothing as good as replacing the seals... You can try an Ester based Transmission fluid, or an ARX treatment which may soften the seals and swell them a bit.

ARX shouldn't swell seals, right? It just restores their original pliability...

Originally Posted By: -Clayton-
Don't forget Lucas oil thickener = No.

I missed that 1 Clayton, but that would = No

Originally Posted By: BrianWC
Originally Posted By: StevieC

ARX shouldn't swell seals, right? It just restores their original pliability...
Right. This Pliableness may fix the leak.

in our mustang world, secret fluid that WE ALL running is, mobil 1 ATF and Bottle of lucas tranny fix !!

I will say this from personal experience... i've used lucas transmission fix. not only did it give me a smoother shifting transmission, but over a couple of months, it stopped my oil pan gasket leak also. its good stuff IMO

Nothing but a gasket change works better than Lucas for stopping leaks, It also make your trans shift smother and last longer. Had a Toyota PU that was hardly working and added lucas trans stop leak and it is like the day it came from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back