Cooper Tires - Made in China!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, don't feel bad. My new Yamaha A/V receiver that Santa brought me was made in Malaysia, not Japan.

Originally Posted By: nthach
And the Costco-special BFG Touring T/A Pro Series is made in Korea by Hankook for Michelin, while the BFG G-Force Sport is made in Thailand.

Toyo too makes tires in China, while Bridgestone makes cheaper ones in Hugo Chavez-land and Indonesia.

The Goodyear no-Integritys our Prius is wearing are made in Japan in a Falken plant, Goodyear owns Sumitomo Rubber Industry which owns Dunlop/Falken/Ohtsu. The Michelins on our Sienna and my Lexus are made in Greensville and Lexington, South Carolina respectively.

That was not only informative, but also confusing as [censored]! One would almost need to perform some sort of link analysis to keep it all straight.

Reminds me of the B.C. comics.

B.C. was selling a Flintstone mobile with triangular wheels... the buyer asked why it was better than last year's model with square wheels ??...
. B.C. says "We eliminated one of the bumps".
crackmeup2.gif

wow , wasn't aware of that . A shame COOPER dropped the TRENDSETTER SE :-( . We're very fond of those . We liked the original WEATHER MASTER snows better than the STs . The original WEATHER MASTERS had more bite and better snow removal from tires , probably due to tread design . These are / were also studded .

Last edited:
Well.. not all Coopers are made in China.

I got a set of Discoverer H/T tires a couple of weeks ago, and they were made in July 08 in Findlay OH, according to the Cooper customer service rep, when I asked them to decode the DOT code for my tire.

They seem to be good tires so far on my 05 Dakota- quiet, stick like glue in the rain, and smooth riding as well.

My Continental motorcycle tires have been always made in Germany. Latest ones I bought were made in Korea. And the front tire was out of round. Never had that problem with the german made ones.

Originally Posted By: RedDart
Last Saturday I purchased a pair of Cooper Lifeliner GLS tires to match a pair I already have on my 2002 Impala. When I got home and examined the manufacturing date I saw that they were Made in China. The pair I bought last March were made in the USA. I was disappointed that Cooper has evidently shifted production of these tires offshore, especially since I went out of my way to purchase what I thought was a product of an American owned company. I have noticed since then that Cooper has taken the "American owned, American made" signs off the dealer tire racks. I guess that goes to show you that these days you do not know where something is made even if you try to do your research.

Thank you for the info. Cooper was on my list of tires I plan on purchasing next month. They are no longer under consideration. I too, am trying to buy a USA made tire.

Originally Posted By: lewdwig
Doesn't Cooper make Avon tires, too?

Yep, per coopertires.com, they make Avon, Mastercraft, Dean and Kenda brands.

Joel

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Reminds me of the B.C. comics.

B.C. was selling a Flintstone mobile with triangular wheels... the buyer asked why it was better than last year's model with square wheels ??...
. B.C. says "We eliminated one of the bumps".
crackmeup2.gif

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back