GM Fell Behind Toyota in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I guess I should have QC'ed my post, LOL.

I blame it on having just done the dishes after dinner. Fumes from the soap, yeah, that's it, LOL.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Yes, I guess I should have QC'ed my post, LOL.

I blame it on having just done the dishes after dinner. Fumes from the soap, yeah, that's it, LOL.

I think its that Domestic manufacturing QC!!!
LOL.gif

11.gif

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

You are just one reason I'm glad to be out of Maryland. What a ridiculous post. You are the posterboy of the ill informed import boys. Enjoy flipping burgers? You will be.

You, as a GM employee will be the one flipping burgers, along with all your other employees who were too lazy to work hard to produce a quality product that consumers wanted to purchase....you took the american people for suckers for too long, and they all left you and now you sit whining and [censored] about it with your hand out for help.

Does the term "out of touch" ring a bell with you? Oh, yeah I'll do the fries - you can do the burgers. I have an A.A degree, 2 bachelor degrees and my Mba - but if flipping burgers feeds my family so be it.

Originally Posted By: yeti
java -- you yanks have dishsoap that gives you a buzz ? lucky bug*ers. we canucks don't have that. any way that you could send some of that to windsor ?

There is bath soap with caffeine in it that helps wake you up in the morning.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Don't you mean RHD?

North American vehicles are LHD........

I would imagine assembling a vehicle that was designed as LHD, as RHD would demand some additional attention. The general layout of much of Ford's wiring would dictate this, something I have some experience with.

Exactly

Originally Posted By: tangojetta
Any million mile toyotas?

There is a Million Kilometer Hyundai Accent that a guy in Brampton, Ontario Canada was presented with an Award at the dealership and that's gotta be pretty good he's got close to a million miles on it now from what I understand as some time has gone by since he did it!

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

Any idea of the actual number of Explorers shipped to Japan? It does not strike me as a vehicle that would do well there due to its size.....

I think they are pretty expensive over there.

It appears the base model sells for 4,300,000 yen (including tax) and that is roughly $48,000 dollars. The same base model has an msrp in the US of around $28,500.

I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what product in japan is in the same market as the explorer. So i ended up using the Toyota land cruiser. If some one know which product in the Japanese market the explorer matches up with let me know.

The toyota land cruise starts at price ¥ 4,700,000 or about $53,000. In the US the msrp is $64,755.

Originally Posted By: qship1996
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

You are just one reason I'm glad to be out of Maryland. What a ridiculous post. You are the posterboy of the ill informed import boys. Enjoy flipping burgers? You will be.

You, as a GM employee will be the one flipping burgers, along with all your other employees who were too lazy to work hard to produce a quality product that consumers wanted to purchase....you took the american people for suckers for too long, and they all left you and now you sit whining and [censored] about it with your hand out for help.

"Honda S2000 Dead After 2009"
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_...r_2009_car_news

Could you image what the vast, anti-American-auto-company crowd on BITOG would say if Ford or GMs top performing models sold only a measely 7,200 units a year? Like the S2000, I'm sure the Mustang and Corvette assembly lines would be shut down with such dismal sales like that. Maybe a quality control problem at Honda? Japanese workers too lazy? Or Honda making cars that people simply don't want?

At least the S2000 is imported from Japan. The Honda employees laid-off can roll sushi loafs to pay the bills. On the bright side, they'll have a lot clearer arteries than us Americans.

Originally Posted By: XS650
Can you say Camaro and Firebird?

That's why I said it XS650. I've heard it many, many times since they stopped making the F-bodies in 2002 and how much of a failure GM is because of it. How about the Supra, Nissan Z car that was out of production for 5 years, the RX-7, the 3000 GT VR4. I never realized Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi and now Honda were such utter failures.

I took you for more objective to be lumped in the anti-American car company crowd.

Yes I am basically being silly but it's more of a tongue-in-cheek reply to the same type of ridiculous reasoning.

Last edited:
The 3 were making cars people wanted until gas got too high. They are in a transition period now. I would like fries with that order, rice boy. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back