how about this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.efuel100.com/t-product.aspx

not for that price tag. For 1/3 the price sure id go for it. Before people come in and trash the idea fully, just think of several people under one roof chipping in on the brewer and collecting discarded alcohol. That seems to be the most economic way and best turnaround rather than always buying the proprietary items needed. i have 3 turbocharged cars, so ethanol as a higher octane fuel spikes my interest. When adding lots of power fuel systems get upgraded anyway. Not using the ethanol as a sole source of fuel, just topping off 2 gallons every day would increase range. Also less stopping at service stations if running late, etc. Trade fuel ethanol for consumable alcohol/favors with neighbors. All bad ideas?

BTW no need to talk me out of this product, id rather have a new car if i had 10k burning a hole in my pocket. i just haven't seen a lot of buzz on this one on the various forums i visit.

Did he say $1 a gallon? That's not bad. Maybe the cost will go down a lot when they start getting on the market.

They said it will work on any gas engine. Damage to the fuel system will be a result is my understanding.

It's a neat idea but impractical. 10-14 pounds of sugar for 1 gallon of ethanol? I bet some environmentalists are jumping on it but failing to realize the sugar they use probably burned more fuel to make it.

Great idea...don't want to import oil, so import sugar.

Those smaller units cannot ever operate at the efficiency of an industrial sized.

Where do they get the energy to distill the alcohol ?

Large distillers can burn off the baggasse to distill the alcohol. If you use mains electricity to do it, the manufacturer should go to jail.

Hmmm, it seems to me that I could supply all my fuel needs from 2.5 acres of sugar beets(they grow in N.A. very well)... and 1400kw/h of electricity.
I heat with wood and it's a good deal in terms of money saved vs. effort.
Growing and processing 35 tonnes of sugar beets porbably isn't as easy and cutting and splitting 4 to 6 tonnes of wood.
A small co-op of a few families might make it very worthwhile though.
Ian

Last edited:
I'd want to get BATF approval in writing before even considering purchasing a home alcohol distillery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back