Weight Watchers

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a true story, I was hanging out with a few guys in the area, we were at a neighbor's looking at this guys new Dodge Challenger, he had invited us all over to look at this car.

My friend gets a call and says, " Look guys I have to go home and watch my kids because my wife is going to Weight Watchers."

I said, " Why is she going to Weight Watchers".

He said, " She lost 10 lbs. and I guess she is going back there to tell them or what she needs to do to keep the pounds off.

My other friend said, " Shouldn't your wife be adding a 0 to that 10 pounds, to make 100 pounds."

The other guy said, " When is she going back to lose the other 90 pounds."

I thought this guy would have gotten mad about what these guys were saying about his wife, but he was laughing harder than the rest of us.

He must not get along with her too well.

Last edited:
Sometimes ya gotta laugh through the pain. Like they say comedy is about pain.

Maybe he does not have the guts to stand up to the guys? Or like you say does not respect his wife.

His wife does not respect him, they went to marriage counseling for a while until she no longer wanted to go.

She told him when the kids get older she does not want to go back to work.

He went out with her for 6 months and then got married, not enough time to go out with someone before getting married.

He says she always has to be right even if she is wrong.

She gets upset if he argues with her, the other night he called her on the way home and said do you need me to pick anything up at the grocery store, she said no.

He comes home, there is a little bit of milk left, he finishes it up, she yells at him for not saving the milk for her. He says look I asked you if you needed me to get anything at the store, why didn't you tell me to get some milk.

He caught his wife laughing with her friends about how they do not have to work.

I do not feel sorry for him because he is doing nothing about this, he does not want to get a divorce.

ouch, that's sad, at least she's going to weight watchers. my impression is that weight watchers people are usually huge overstuffed whales, tubs of lard, basically. at least they are now going to get help.

What's even sadder or maybe strange or scary is that he called me tonite and said I just got in a fight with the wife, can we hang out and talk.

I said meet me in the 7-Eleven parking lot, I get up there and he comes out of the 7-Eleven with a magazine and gets in my car.

I try to talk to him and he is reading this magazine, its a GUN magazine, he does not want to talk, I said look if you are going to read that magazine get out of the car now, or lets talk. He said wait a minute and I will leave, I start to drive the car a few feet, and I stop the car and I said get out now, and he got out.

I have never heard of someone getting in a fight with there wife and then they go and buy a GUN magazine.

Kinda disturbing. Reminds me of the moods of my Brother......say one thing do another.....
21.gif

this is very common for the husband to end the wife's life violently. it usually takes place DURING a fight, and not so much premeditated, like reading a magazine, then getting the weapon, then doing it. more likely he will do himself in, because thinking about it you realize that you will just end up in jail, and ur wife will get all ur stuff. it sounds like a really desperate situation. i would recommend a name change, leave the country, like go to Mexico, try to somehow empty out the bank accounts and put them somewhere offshore or somewhere where the wife cannot get at them. the best thing to do would also be to mortgage the house up to the maximum without the wife knowing about it, and then get the &(ll out of there with all the money. Guns will only ruin things. don't worry, the wife will not starve to death, and she won't be having to waste her money on weight watchers any more - i see this as the most practical solution, the other one would be to join the army, go to Afghanistan, and then switch sides, and become a Taliban tribesmember, just like Pat Tillman did. Unfortunately, then Tillman got killed by US military, but at least Taliban do not have woman problems.

Originally Posted By: scoobie
...join the army, go to Afghanistan, and then switch sides, and become a Taliban tribesmember, just like Pat Tillman did...

WTH!?

If you are married and would rather hang out with me ( C3PO ) instead of your wife then you have some REAL problems with your marriage.

This thread started out so funny. I doubt the guy is really going to kill his wife, he probably thinks about it often though. If I fight with the wife, I might read a gun magazine, but I subscribe to them so it's really no big deal, just a diversion.

So, is she actually Jabba the Hutt? (I had to throw in the Star Wars reference). Cause I'd rather hang out with C3PO than Jabba the Hutt anyday. Seriously though, is she really so big that her own husband would laugh at a joke about how enormous she is? I can deal with a fat, nice girl or a skinny, mean girl, but I don't think I could do fat/mean.

Your friend probably needs a bud right now, so I wouldn't shut him out. Apparently his live is a living [censored], so having no friends to listen to him won't help.

Originally Posted By: scoobie
this is very common for the husband to end the wife's life violently. it usually takes place DURING a fight, and not so much premeditated, like reading a magazine, then getting the weapon, then doing it. more likely he will do himself in, because thinking about it you realize that you will just end up in jail, and ur wife will get all ur stuff. it sounds like a really desperate situation. i would recommend a name change, leave the country, like go to Mexico, try to somehow empty out the bank accounts and put them somewhere offshore or somewhere where the wife cannot get at them. the best thing to do would also be to mortgage the house up to the maximum without the wife knowing about it, and then get the &(ll out of there with all the money. Guns will only ruin things. don't worry, the wife will not starve to death, and she won't be having to waste her money on weight watchers any more - i see this as the most practical solution, the other one would be to join the army, go to Afghanistan, and then switch sides, and become a Taliban tribesmember, just like Pat Tillman did. Unfortunately, then Tillman got killed by US military, but at least Taliban do not have woman problems.

One toke over the line...

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
This thread started out so funny. I doubt the guy is really going to kill his wife, he probably thinks about it often though. If I fight with the wife, I might read a gun magazine, but I subscribe to them so it's really no big deal, just a diversion.

So, is she actually Jabba the Hutt? (I had to throw in the Star Wars reference). Cause I'd rather hang out with C3PO than Jabba the Hutt anyday. Seriously though, is she really so big that her own husband would laugh at a joke about how enormous she is? I can deal with a fat, nice girl or a skinny, mean girl, but I don't think I could do fat/mean.

Your friend probably needs a bud right now, so I wouldn't shut him out. Apparently his live is a living [censored], so having no friends to listen to him won't help.

She is not quite Jabba The Hut, the problem is that she has too always be right even when she is wrong. She grew up in a house where the mother ran the show, she learned it from her Mom.

She is too proper, you have to watch what you say around her, I went to his house for dinner and he hardly said a word at the table, it was like he was worried about what his wife might say or do.

Communication is the key in any relationship. and they do not see eye to eye.

I remember 1 time he was checking out some 19 year old girls and he started making some comments if you know what I mean, I said why don't you go home to your wife and have some fun, he said I don't want to do that.

He told me that he is a prisoner in his own house. He does not want to divorce her because he thinks his 2 kids will hate him, but he did say that if they did not have any kids he would have left her.

Originally Posted By: c3po
He told me that he is a prisoner in his own house. He does not want to divorce her because he thinks his 2 kids will hate him, but he did say that if they did not have any kids he would have left her.

That was my number one fear about getting married. Men in that situation are the inspiration for what I hope to never be, but then that was why I dated my wife almost 5 years before we married.

He kinda brought the situation upon himself. Hope he sees the light one day to get a good lawyer, custody of the kids (long shot but can be done), and rids himself of her.

What man does he can undo...

His wife does not respect him, they went to marriage counseling for a while until she no longer wanted to go.

Reading the whole thing here, she sounds like a sponge, soaking up things, but only giving back if squeezed.

She told him when the kids get older she does not want to go back to work.

Perhaps he should be 100% open and honest with her and tell her that he's not so sure he want's to support a wife who is not interested in meeting his needs, including the legitimate emotional need for an attractive spouse.

While many women scoff at the idea that it's a legitimate emotional need Dr Willard Harley of the Marriage Builders does indeed cite this as one of the top 10 emotional needs.

Furthermore, if his plan is to dump her after the kids are gone, he may be paying alimony for a long time. If his plan is to divorce her, it's better to do it earlier than later, so he doesn't have to keep paying her, depending on the laws of the state.

While I'm divorce, I'm not really pro-divorce. I think he needs to be 100% transparent about what he's thinking, as well as to begin doing more parenting, etc, so he does have a case to be the SOLE custodian of his children, should he choose to go that route.

He went out with her for 6 months and then got married, not enough time to go out with someone before getting married.

He says she always has to be right even if she is wrong.

A common question is do you want to be right, or do you want to be married. Marriage Builders has the concept of the policy of joint agreement. Neither of you does anything without the ENTHUSIASTIC agreement of the other spouse. That really goes a long way towards building love and protection into a marriage. oilBabe and I practice this, and our first 18 months have been relatively drama free, and that includes selling my home, renting for a while, buying a home, moving in, a new job for her, etc, and the marriage.

So while we've had a lot of stressors, we've also established a framework to work on the issues that ensures each of us is devoted to finding solutions that we both will enthusiastically embrace.

She gets upset if he argues with her, the other night he called her on the way home and said do you need me to pick anything up at the grocery store, she said no.

He comes home, there is a little bit of milk left, he finishes it up, she yells at him for not saving the milk for her. He says look I asked you if you needed me to get anything at the store, why didn't you tell me to get some milk.

His response was pretty good until the "Why" part. That will put her on the defensive. I suspect he too needs some honing of his communication skills.

Instead of asking why, stop at the I asked and you said we needed nothing.

He caught his wife laughing with her friends about how they do not have to work.

I do not feel sorry for him because he is doing nothing about this, he does not want to get a divorce.

Ultimately it's his life and he has to live it. If he wants advice, offer it. If not, then you have to decide if you want to listen to him vent his spleen or what.

Personally, I'd politely say that I really don't want to listen to complaining. If he wants to discuss solutions... that's another matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back