Has anyone seen the new formula Mobil 1 ATF....

Status
Not open for further replies.
...on store shelves yet? I'm referring to their full-synthetic ATF. The new formula has been on their website for months, but all the retailers I've checked have the original formula. The new formula is listed as recommended for the ZF tranny in my BMW (Esso LT71141 original fluid). The new bottle says "New Forumula" right on the front.

I haven't seen it yet. Mobil certainly thinks the world of it, though. The Honda ATF-Z1 recommendation kinda surprised me.

Re: Mobil "...suitable for use in vehicles that specify the following fluid requirements:

* Audi G 052 025-A2, G 052 162-A1
* BMW LA2634
* Esso LT 71141
* ETL-7045E, ETL-8072B, N402
* Ford* MERCON*, MERCON V, MERCON LV
* All 2005 and earlier GM vehicles**
* Honda ATF-Z1*
* Hyundai SP-II, SP-III
* Idemitsu K17
* JWS 3309
* Kia SP-II, SP-III
* MAN 339F, V1, V2, Z1, Z2, Z3
* Mazda ATF-III, ATF-MV
* Mercedes-Benz 236.1, 236.2, 236.5, 236.6, 236.7, 236.9
* Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II, SP-III
* Nissan Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K
* Subaru ATF
* Toyota T-III, T-IV
* Voith 55.6335.XX (G607, G1363)
* Volvo 97340
* ZF TE-ML 03D, 04D, 09, 14A, 14B, 16L, 17C"

Use the Amsoil ATF it meets pretty much all specs under the sun for automatic transmissions and it works super well in my truck both in the winter & summer... Really smooth shifting and stays clean very very very long.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Use the Amsoil ATF it meets pretty much all specs under the sun for automatic transmissions and it works super well in my truck both in the winter & summer... Really smooth shifting and stays clean very very very long.

what does Amsoil ATF have to do with seeing Mobil1 ATF in the store?

Originally Posted By: tom slick
what does Amsoil ATF have to do with seeing Mobil1 ATF in the store?

It doesn't but while on the topic of fluid I thought I would let him know that Amsoil does a good job with their ATF's... That ok with you?

Not like any BITOG thread ever stays on track anyways...

With how much the popular products (Amsoil and Auto-RX) are dropped in into every other thread do you think anyone around here doesn't know about it? Would it be ok by you for someone to discuss something else without interjecting your favorite?

I'm passionate about the product because of it's great results as are the others about their favourite brand AKA Mobil-1 Valvoline etc.

48.gif

True, but I wasn't infomercial-ing it to him, I was just suggesting it with 1 post. That's all. Then you the apprentice-moderator decided to jump in.

Originally Posted By: brian12

So the only difference is its recommended for BMW transmissions now?

And it's no longer a Ford-licensed Mercon V fluid, or any other mfg. for that matter.

I've looked into the Amsoil ATF as well and I'm comfortable that it's an excellent product. I'm leaning towards the new Mobil 1 ATF (as opposed to Amsoil) for a couple of reasons: The original "lifetime" fluid (EssoLT71141) is also made/owned by Exxon/Mobil and generally speaking Mobil 1 ATF is available right off the shelf. I assume retailers are working off their inventory of original formula Mobil 1.

Hi,
BullyT - I must admit the Esso 71141 fluid is special. Porsche use it and I have attempted to get Mobil to confirm the use of their latest ATF. I have not been able to do this

It is interesting thogh that Castrol states that their excellent Transmax Z is! Transmax Z is a great product that I know very well indeed and have used it inmany Benz-Porsche transmissions and elsewhere with great results.

However I'll continue to "haunt" Mobil over the issue and see if I can get a meangingful answer to share on here. Generally Mobil's ATFs are very good and very good value when used as specified

Originally Posted By: BullyT

I've looked into the Amsoil ATF as well and I'm comfortable that it's an excellent product. I'm leaning towards the new Mobil 1 ATF (as opposed to Amsoil) for a couple of reasons: The original "lifetime" fluid (EssoLT71141) is also made/owned by Exxon/Mobil and generally speaking Mobil 1 ATF is available right off the shelf. I assume retailers are working off their inventory of original formula Mobil 1.

Well if it provides any comfort... Mobil provide Amsoil its base-stocks...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Doug Hillary
Hi,
BullyT - I must admit the Esso 71141 fluid is special. Porsche use it and I have attempted to get Mobil to confirm the use of their latest ATF. I have not been able to do this

It is interesting thogh that Castrol states that their excellent Transmax Z is! Transmax Z is a great product that I know very well indeed and have used it inmany Benz-Porsche transmissions and elsewhere with great results.

However I'll continue to "haunt" Mobil over the issue and see if I can get a meangingful answer to share on here. Generally Mobil's ATFs are very good and very good value when used as specified

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure why you would have any difficult getting Mobil 1 to acknowledge that their new formula ATF is recommended in Esso LT 71141 applications--it's printed right on the product data sheets on their website.

I'm not sure how special the Esso LT 71141 actually is. On the BMW Internet boards I frequent, quite a few owners have used alternative ATF including Mobil 1, Amsoil, Castrol European Multi-Vehicle ATF, and Valvoline among others.

Hi,
BullyT - Here in OZ Mobil have five special brew ATFs one is called Mobil ATF LT 71141. It is virtually a Dealer only product, still current, expensive and hard to obtain.

Their standard Multipurpose ATF (new formula) is the one I was referring to

In my experience, German autos do perform best with the ATF prescribed for them. This is especially so with Voith, ZF and Benz manufactured transmissions - it has a lot to do with frictional materials and valving. This is why I know about Transmax Z in these applications - it transforms those that have been on some other ATFs. This is in smoothness, gearshift speeds and operating temperatures

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
so this new mobil 1 ATF formula covers Toyota T-IV?

Yes.

I'm curious if Mobil is using a Lubrizol additive package in this ATF.

The price of the fluid is only $7.99/qt at Kragen's, which is quite a bit less than Amsoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back