atf in crankcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do a search... That's if you can make it work properly... This has been discussed many times before and the consensus is that this is old-logic that is no longer applicable today and doesn't work well at all anymore.

Use a QT of Rislone in place of a QT of oil at your next oil change and then run it for 3000 miles...that has every bit as much detergent as ATF, if not more...I use it instead of AutoRX or SeaFoam in my oil because I refuse to use solvents in my crankcase...I prefer the gentle but effective cleaning of Rislone.

I use it maybe about one oil change per year and on one of my previous vehicles,I took the valve covers off wen it had 150k and had Castrol dino w/ Rislone several times from 100k to 150k and the motor looked like it had 30k on it!

Originally Posted By: FastSUV
Use a QT of Rislone in place of a QT of oil at your next oil change and then run it for 3000 miles...that has every bit as much detergent as ATF, if not more...I use it instead of AutoRX or SeaFoam in my oil because I refuse to use solvents in my crankcase...I prefer the gentle but effective cleaning of Rislone.

I use it maybe about one oil change per year and on one of my previous vehicles,I took the valve covers off wen it had 150k and had Castrol dino w/ Rislone several times from 100k to 150k and the motor looked like it had 30k on it!

AUTO-RX Doesn't contain any solvents... Where did you get this from? It only has a mix of Ester-Oils that soften and liquify deposits and suspend them into oil so they can be removed...

I would use Auto-RX before I would use any other detergent or cleaning product because it does wonders from what I have seen and isn't harmful at all because it is an Ester based oil.

Get your facts straight!

Originally Posted By: StevieC

AUTO-RX Doesn't contain any solvents... Where did you get this from? It only has a mix of Ester-Oils that soften and liquify deposits and suspend them into oil so they can be removed...

I would use Auto-RX before I would use any other detergent or cleaning product because it does wonders from what I have seen and isn't harmful at all because it is an Ester based oil.

Get your facts straight!

Is that you, Frank?
grin2.gif

Get your facts straight!

My bad on the fact of AutoRX...but many of these "cleaners" for the crank case do contain solvents. I just did not want to steer him in wrond direction. I stick by my other statements and Rislone is cheap and it works very well. I just grabbed a few names out of the air to make a point and I was in error on one of the names I used as an example.

No worries... Sorry, I re-read my post and I guess I was a little harshe. I apologize.. Auto-RX is a great additive and is the only one I know that does a superb job (from my own experiences) without any solvents...

10.gif

I prefer the gentle but effective cleaning of Rislone.

I heard that Phillips Milk of Magnesia does the same job.. overnight!!
banana2.gif

Synthetic oil seems to get engines the cleanest i have used valvoline syn power and saw through the oil fill on the valve cover that it did make a differance in cleaning things up Valvoline also claims to be 4 times better than mobil one for wear... Check it out for yourself its on Valvolines web site.. I have seen some mobil one engines that were super clean at high mileage's also

Originally Posted By: irondiezl3
anyone try using atf in the crankcase to clean motor out heard it works wonders?

Where did you here that it works wonders.

No worries... Sorry, I re-read my post and I guess I was a little harshe. I apologize.. Auto-RX is a great additive and is the only one I know that does a superb job (from my own experiences) without any solvents...

10.gif

No offense taken...AutoRX is one of those things I know of and heard of around the net but never used it even though it is supposed to be the best and I assumed it was a solvent-based cleaner and I am glad I made that mistake so that I am aware it is not and might be safer than I was guilty of assuming...and u know what they say about making assumptions LOL

Originally Posted By: peterdaniel
I prefer the gentle but effective cleaning of Rislone.

I heard that Phillips Milk of Magnesia does the same job.. overnight!!
banana2.gif

LOL I was on the GM forums since '99, and the Jeep forums since '01 but in my short tenure here...I can tell I am gonna like it here :)

But then again, oil is what brought me here...I must be sick since most people use the dino on sale and a wix filter and forget about it...we are some weirdos huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back