A sign of these times perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put this in the humor section, although it's not a joke. In fact, it's a bit troublesome. Lately, for one reason or another, I have shown a tendency to misread all sorts of things. It could be a headline in a newspaper, something in a forum post, or, as in the following examples, it could be a food label that causes confusion, disgust, or hilarity.

Example 1 (actual occurrence):
I pick up a jar of sauerkraut, not because I'm a fan, but because I want to see what else is in there. First ingredient listed? "Garbage." I almost laughed out loud. It said of course "cabbage."

Example 2 (also actual occurrence):
I open my fridge and look at an uncooked chicken that rests peacefully in its clear body bag. A red label proclaims in large black letters "Knacker's Special." Upon closer examination, it actually says "Manager's Special."

I think I may be a bit stressed or something.
smirk2.gif

Had any really bad headaches recently that didn't respond to medication?

Can be just plain stress as well. See a therapist if you're having problems that don't resolve themselves, or go from funny to "I just said/did what?!?"

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Had any really bad headaches recently that didn't respond to medication?

Can be just plain stress as well. See a therapist if you're having problems that don't resolve themselves, or go from funny to "I just said/did what?!?"

Amigo, I didn't put this in the Mental Health Crisis Forum.
LOL.gif

PS: Pablo might need help, though. He isn't articulating very well this morning.
48.gif

My wife and I find we do that a lot these days...we are sadly pushing 50...also audio, last night they said "Dannon Yogurt" on a TV ad and I thought they said "dam* yogurt!"
banana2.gif

John

I find myself misreading the newspaper a bit these days, headlines and such. I just figure it is aging, 70 in a few years, and my eyesight has never been great...

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Example 1 (actual occurrence):
I pick up a jar of sauerkraut, not because I'm a fan, but because I want to see what else is in there. First ingredient listed? "Garbage." I almost laughed out loud. It said of course "cabbage."

Example 2 (also actual occurrence):
I open my fridge and look at an uncooked chicken that rests peacefully in its clear body bag. A red label proclaims in large black letters "Knacker's Special." Upon closer examination, it actually says "Manager's Special."
Ha ha, both upgrades.
grin2.gif
Maybe you should get your eyes checked. What do you see here?

I'm glad I don't have such problems. I just went to the cupboard to get some ice instead of the refrigerator........

Maybe I'm just blind. I printed an international shipping label this afternoon. Signed it, the whole bit.

Came back from being out for some three hours or so. Label is no where to be found. There are only a few place I could have left the silly label, but it's a goner. I canceled it, printed a new one and it STILL hasn't turned up.

I think the dog ate it.

Yesterday I was slightly amused when I saw what I believed was "Infant Milk" in the dairy section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back