Fast food fail...Church's Chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, you spelled it right, but I actually am nestled up in the north end of the state, in the piney woods. Yep, I'm afraid this Wal-Mart pattern is nationwide.

Back in the late eighties, Consumer Reports had an article about fast food. It covered everything from food quality to service.

Church's Chicken got the worst rating in every category!

Personally love the flavor of KFC original.
27.gif
Popeyes spicy ain't too bad either (though I much prefer their spicy popcorn shrimp).

Col. Sanders' worst business venture was when he invested in the early attempts at genetic manipultion though. They actually mutated chickens with six drumsticks!!!!

Problem was, NO ONE could catch them!
grin2.gif

Bob

Church's chicken is the the only food place I've been to which featured bullet-proof glass between the customer and cashier. I fondly remember one of my friends in high school having to defend his leftovers from a drunk guy. They were literally playing tug'o'war with a half-eaten drumstick....
LOL.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: valaker
Church's chicken is the the only food place I've been to which featured bullet-proof glass between the customer and cashier. I fondly remember one of my friends in high school having to defend his leftovers from a drunk guy. They were literally playing tug'o'war with a half-eaten drumstick....
LOL.gif

all the white castles I've been to have been like that.
we had a homeless dude come up to us in New Orleans (what are the odds?) so we gave him some of our leftover popeyes. just remembered that.

Well since it seems to be the North Carolina thread
grin2.gif

Around here we have Bojangles and KFC. The KFC's used to be good but that was several years ago. We have one Bojangles that is company owned (Store #4) that is great to eat at, but the other ones that are franchises are not good at all.

Zaxby's have also started to pop up here, no different that the other places mentioned in this thread. Greasy, salty, and expensive... I'll pass...

I find the best fried chicken can be had in all of the Country Kitchen places around! Nothing like Fried Chicken w/ gravy, cole slaw, and beets... we eat a lot of beets here for some reason.

Now BBQ on the other hand...

Last edited:
Many years ago there was a Church's in Lake City (North Seattle, Washington) not far from where I grew up but I never recall eating there- it didn't last long, though I assume they do not get their frying oil from local exploratory drilling (used to be a Union 76 at the same corner)...

Yeah, where does one get decent fried bird at a chain restaurant any more?

Although for me the local deli aboot 1/2 mile away- Eastside Market and Deli- is pretty good...

Ah yes, sprintman, we do have Costco roasted birds -whole- for $4.99 here and you are most correct about being healthier for you and better-tasting; IMO especially the Costco ones. Some of the very best I've had.

Cerebral flatulence caused me to forget the roasted bird option.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Why fried and not roasted, roasted tastes better and is healthier?

In the Southern US fried chicken is a staple. There is no good reason for it from a health perspective, but when cooked right there is no replacement.

Originally Posted By: Crashbox

Yeah, where does one get decent fried bird at a chain restaurant any more?

Bojangles. Unfortunately, Bojangles is only available in a handful of southern states.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Why fried and not roasted, roasted tastes better and is healthier?

Out here, as far as fast food chains go, you can get rotisserie chicken from Boston Market which is pretty decent. Whether it tastes better than fried chicken from Popeye's... I guess it's a matter of personal preference. I like both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back