AAP 3600 filter at 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managed to warm-up so finally got around to changing the oil in my sister's 02 Focus. OCI this time was 10k about 9 months with PP 5w20 no oil usage. Has 73k on it now and has ran PP at this interval since around 40k. Filter media looks good to me. No tears pleats look uniform and the can was fairly clean. The only thing I wonder about is the ABV since only a fraction drained out compared to normal, although I could be wrong on this. It was torn around the base that may of been my fault. No tapping at startup so must not of been that bad. Went with Motorcraft filter this time. Next time may use a PureOne and stretch it out to 20k.. hard to access.

100_2227.jpg

100_2224.jpg

100_2226.jpg

Honda recommends reusing filters for one additional oil change. 10K miles should be reasonable with most any filter.

Just the filter out to 20k. I highly doubt there's any room for a remote filter. I didn't know what to expect cutting this one open this being the first and all.

I just cut an AAP 7317 open to compare it to a Pure One same #. Mine only had 4k @ 4mon interval.

I tapped a hole at the base of the filter to allow the oil to drain out before I cut it open. A good amount of oil drained out. With the naked eye, with the exception of ADBV, little difference between the two filters.

Anyway, thanks for posting the pics, wish I knew how. Filter doesn't look bad. Good luck on the 20k, yikes. lol But, I understand with hard access. I'm shooting for 5k+ on PuroPrem and Valv Dino.

I'd probably figure on a 6 month OCI with a 1 year FCI. I'd go with an upper tier filter. She's doing enough mileage to manage it. I'd probably go to dino for a 6month/7k type thing ..but PP isn't that much more.

I'd actually prefer that she use PP.. I get the 1 qt leftover. Seems to hold up well.. view from the oil cap and dipstick is clean. Although I know that doesn't mean much. This might be the PP oil change she should be getting a lung transplant at the end of this year so it won't be driven for a over year. Most likely use MC during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back