Pennzoil semi synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking around my local car parts store the other day when I saw what looked to be Pennzoil semi-synthetic oil. I've never heard of or seen this stuff before and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Its was rather odd because they didn't have it in the auto oil and atf isle. It was in with the motorcycle supplies along with RP atf.

Probably not helping you but Penn. SUV, Truck & Minivan oil is the only Semi-Syn currently listed on their website.

In Australia we have Pennzoil Synthetic blend, apparently blended by Shell in Singapore from Group 1 and Group 3. Australia seems to use just too much Group 1 for a decent long enough oil change. Would you use a 10% group 3 and rest group 1 oil for 5000 miles ?

Originally Posted By: ChiTDI
Might have been a small engine oil.

I don't think so but I will take a look again here in a few days. I would have looked closer at the time but I was in a hurry and there was no price on the oil. If its decently priced I may try it out whether its bike oil or car.

Last edited:
So yeah I was in Orielly today and I took a look at this oil again. Pennzoil 5w-30 and 10w-30 semi synthetic is what the label reads. I would have bought some if they had a price on it. Johnny can you fill us in on this stuff?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Pennzoil used to make and label a blend on it's own. As stated above, it is now called Pennzoil SUV, Truck & Minivan oil. Was in SM or SL rated?

I didn't look that close I was in a hurry.

Originally Posted By: glenncof
If the YB stuff is actually GrpII+ as I suspect, why bother with a GrpII/III blend?

I'd love to see an oil that's a blend of II+ and the III+ that PP uses.

should get good results with the blend , being the conventional and synthetic get very good U.O.A.s.. I've used the 5w-30 S.U.V. blend in the past for the 2000 PRIZM and for lawnmowers . Got it on sale for less than $1.75 a quart . Wonder if they dropped the S.U.V. label for marketing to get better sales . Can be used in a car as well . Some see label and probably scares car owners away . :- )

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: brian12
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Pennzoil used to make and label a blend on it's own. As stated above, it is now called Pennzoil SUV, Truck & Minivan oil. Was in SM or SL rated?

I didn't look that close I was in a hurry.

Take a picture front and back, then post it here. I'm curious about this oil as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back