Amsoil Universal Synthetic Power Steering Fluid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings fellow oil Connoisseurs,
If anyone is or has used Amsoil Universal Power Steering Fluid please post what you think of it. Since Valvoline discontinued Synpower Power Steering Fluid I need a new supplier of Synthetic Power Steering Fluid.
Thank you in advance.

Just ordered a case of Amsoil Universal Power Steering Fluid,
guess I'll find out how it works.

Originally Posted By: Dieselsrule

Yeah, let us know your findings.

What vehicle you putting it in? Amsoil's site suggests ATF for our PS system's in the toyota's, and the same in the owners manual?????

I think you'll be happy with it; Amsoil seems to have quality products.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 3Toyotas
Originally Posted By: Dieselsrule

Yeah, let us know your findings.

What vehicle you putting it in? Amsoil's site suggests ATF for our PS system's in the toyota's, and the same in the owners manual?????

I think you'll be happy with it; Amsoil seems to have quality products.

It will be used in a 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel, 1993 Suburban 1500, 1987 Mercedes 190 Turbo Diesels(2 of them). I used Valvoline Synpower synthetic-blend for years til it was discontinued and my stash ran out last week. The Dodge had cold weather power steering issues that the Synpower solved so I'll know pretty quick how the Amsoil compares to the Synpower. At over double the price and being full synthetic I am expecting it to work at least as well as the synpower did.

How much Power Steering Fluid does an average passenger car or SUV hold (System & Reservoir)? Does the reservoir contain most of the fluid, or does it only contain a small portion of what is in the system as a whole?

I am just trying to estimate how many times it will take to siphon and replace the used fluid from the reservoir until the system is filled with essentially new fluid. I appreciate your replies.

Originally Posted By: Lyondellic
How much Power Steering Fluid does an average passenger car or SUV hold (System & Reservoir)? Does the reservoir contain most of the fluid, or does it only contain a small portion of what is in the system as a whole?

I am just trying to estimate how many times it will take to siphon and replace the used fluid from the reservoir until the system is filled with essentially new fluid. I appreciate your replies.

Depends on what car?

Originally Posted By: JMJNet

Depends on what car?

2006 Honda Pilot & 2007 Honda Civic LX

I say most vehicles about 1 qt + or - a few ounces. The power steering fluid should work very well. The Amsoil ATF is stout stuff.
Don't see why the power steering fluid should be any different in how well it works.

I just placed an order today for some Amsoil PS fluid and will pick it up tomorrow.. My truck was squealing horribly this week when the temps dropped so it is going to get swapped out the first warmer day..

Brian

Make sure that you get all the old stuff out and only have new stuff in there so that you get the full effect. My dad and I did it together, where he would pour new stuff into the reservoir and the other line was in a buck which was spitting out the old stuff...

Worked great, and nothing but smooth results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back