How it's made video- Engine assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does BMW make a V-6? I thought they used inline 6 cylinders. I dont know for sure though.

These are usually filmed in Canada, I believe that's where the video production company is out of.

Looks like GM 3.6L V-6's, possibly @ GM Powertrain St. Catharines, ON.

09%203.6L%20V6%20VVT%20LY7%20CTS%20LoR_n.jpg

well, now I know how my timing cover gasket is made (ITS A SEAL) yéééé!!!! so I guess I can just put high heat resistant seal to fix my sweapage!

HIM never flaunts the identity of the product being made; sometimes it's easy to spot, sometimes it isn't.

BMW doesn't make a bent six. And travel to Germany or Austria is probably outside the regular budget for a Canadian production like HIM.

Honda's V6s are SOHC, which would eliminate them.

The GM V6 is a good bet.

As cool as finished products are, industrial engineering is in many ways more fascinating, and unsung.

Fascinating video, thanx for the link. They mentioned the crank being a steel forging- I thought most folks went to nodular iron castings (but I'll take a forged crank ANY day!!!!!!!!!)...

Sure ain't a lot of human involvement in factory engine assemblage anymore...!

I'm glad to see this video. It makes me wonder now about my high iron results in my UOA since most of this engine is built with aluminum. I think its really due by using mobil 1 5w30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back