Nokian Hakkapeliitta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking into the purchase of a set of studded Nokian Hakkaetc.. "CS" which look like these except they're not load range E, for my '07 Expedition. The Exp'y doesn't seem to like the "chevron" tread design that its current studded Firestone Winterforce's, and a number of others, offer. The fronts plow in turns, in any measurable snow condition, even at very low speeds. I'm wondering if the more aggressive tread design of the CS's might make a difference.
54.gif
Even if they're noisier on dry roads, I can live with that, if it keeps me out of the ditch when there's snow!!

I am currently running Blizzaks but from the reasearch I have done studded snow tires are even better than blizzaks in icy conditions. Many people don't like to run studs due to noise and extra cost.

If you are willing to run studs, snow tires don't get any better than studded Nokians.

The Nokian CS is actually a four season tire yet rated for extreme snow service as indicated by the "snowflake in the mountain" on the sidewall. We have these on our '87 VW Syncro Vanagon and they are great in the snow and are quiet to this point. The Expedition doesn't require an E range tire so you'd be fine running the Hakka CS in a P-metric designation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back