Potenza G019 Grid Tires, Buy 3 Get 1 Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're on the Firestone Auto Center e-mail mailing list, they are currently running a buy three, get one free special on the G019 Grid tires until Jan 19. If you are unable to find the coupon, PM me and I can e-mail it to you.

If you decide to take advantage of this offer, be sure to get an online price quote from the Firestone Complete Auto Care website. The website prices are often 1/3 less than the in-store price.

There's also a coupon for $12.99/tire installation package. The package includes mounting, lifetime balance and road hazard. Normally this package runs nearly $30/tire.

The buy three, get one free and the 12.99 tire installation coupons do not mention anything with regards to not being able to be combined with other offers. Your luck may vary, so give it a try.

I'd love it if you could send me the coupon. I normally get notified of this stuff, but for some reason I didn't this time. How do you think these compare to the Potenza RE960AS tires? That's what I ended up with due to my last thread (old thread), and have been very happy with them.

That being said, now it's time for our other car (another Scion xB) to get tires, and these could be a great deal. Thanks for the info.

Thanks! So this just more complicated. I just clicked through and got my online quotes.
RE960AS $391.92
G019 $371.92

But, there is another coupon on Firestones site; $100 off the 960s. Coupon prices:
RE960AS $291.92
G019 $292.93

Just over a dollar difference. Uggh. Why does this choice have to be so tough?

Originally Posted By: bmph8ter
Thanks! So this just more complicated. I just clicked through and got my online quotes.
RE960AS $391.92
G019 $371.92

But, there is another coupon on Firestones site; $100 off the 960s. Coupon prices:
RE960AS $291.92
G019 $292.93

Just over a dollar difference. Uggh. Why does this choice have to be so tough?

Is performance or longevity more important to you?

That should answer your question.

I found the online price quote for my RE960's for my WRX $100 cheaper than in store price(i showed them quote after quoted). Also the online quote was same price installed as tirerack had for them only shipped.

I however thought the Firestone shop was the typical chain trying to rip off the auto uninformed with needless services.

RE960's are incredible tires for all-seasons however the 40k life is accurate for the V-rated at least.

Last edited:
I don't think you can go wrong with the RE960, especially if you're running a set and like them. The High Performance All Season design makes it a better overall tire than most. You'll likely give up some dry grip in exchange for wet handling and possibly a longer tread life.

Check tirerack.com for reviews, the RE960 is a top rated tire.

I found the Michelin Pilot A/S Plus for a great price and opted for it over the RE960, but it was a close call. I really wanted the Michelin tires, but had to find the right deal since the retail price is about $50 per tire. I love them so far!

Just don't plan on driving on the RE960s in any kind of snow or other slippery wintry conditions. They suck in that department, just like summer tires.

We actually only get about 1-2 days of snow here per year, and everything pretty much shuts down. =) For anyone wondering, I decided to go with another set of RE960s. I've been very happy with them on our other xB, so why not. I dug around and found a $100 off coupon too, so they cost $312 out the door.

Originally Posted By: bmph8ter
We actually only get about 1-2 days of snow here per year, and everything pretty much shuts down. =) For anyone wondering, I decided to go with another set of RE960s. I've been very happy with them on our other xB, so why not. I dug around and found a $100 off coupon too, so they cost $312 out the door.

Make sure you use the 12.99 tire installation package coupon. It gives you road hazard protection for no additional cost over the normal tire installation package.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Just don't plan on driving on the RE960s in any kind of snow or other slippery wintry conditions. They suck in that department, just like summer tires.

For an UHP tire they are average in winter conditions. Mine have degraded at 30k miles on them but still can make it around in 6"+ on road storms with careful driving coupled to incredible Subaru AWD.

The only "UHP" that performs in the snow is the Continental Extreme Contact but gives up dry handling for that compromise along with noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back