No more ValuCraft filters at AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
The E-core design is now part of the STP line and the filter's are a Dollar more than the same e-core's at Walmart.

It is kind of disappointing because I used to be able to get the Valucraft filters (e-core design) at AZ for 20 cents cheaper than the SuperTech Filters at Walmart.

Now, the same thing painted blue in a pretty box is a dollar more than the identical product at Walmart.

Now, the kicker. NO MORE VALUCRAFT FILTERS!
They have been replaced by... you guessed right... FRAM.
It is like the Wall O' FRAM in there, just like Walmart, except AZ has about 1/2 FRAM and 1/2 STP.

Then a little section for Bosch and Mobile 1. I might buy a few Bosch also, at $6.50 they have that silicone valve and seem to be a good construction. A buck cheaper than I can buy Napa Gold's.

Anyways, I might just go by wally world and stock up on SuperTech filters. They are good enough for my Auto RX runs. And I might need some more once I get into the second clean and rinse phase.

Save the nice filters for when I switch to full synthetics after my 2 Auto RX cycles.

The Supertech and Valuecraft filters are not identical to the STP/AC Delcos (which are the same) at Autozone. The STP/Delco ones have a better/different filter media, at least in the size for my Corolla.

I had not thought of that.

Different filtering elements? Hmm...
I will have to google that. Maybe they are worth the extra dollar.

Thank you.

If you are going for an economy filter, use the Pro Select from NAPA. Still about $.40 a filter cheaper in the applications that I use, at least in my area.

Thanks for the tip.

I went down to the local AZ and saw no VC filters on the shelf. So i went up to the parts guy and asked him if they had filter V8A in stock and he looked it up. Said 5. He found them in the commercial sales section. I brought all 5. He didnt know if they would be stocked for commercial sales or if they where just clearing them out threw that department.

Between the group buy case of wix 51515's i have and these V8A's for my beaters i should be set for filters for a few years
LOL.gif

Last edited:
ValuCraft filters are still available in fact they just got in some new model coverage. just ask at the counter.

Don't forget the ProLine filters at Pep Boys... my personal favorite for a bargain filter, made by Purolator
thumbsup2.gif
There's also the Quaker State oil filters that you can find at Menard's which are also made by Purolator and cost under $3.

My last Prolines looked decent. I had a BOSCH Premium centertube collapse...maybe I can salvage that silicone ADBV from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back