2007 Ford Edge transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ford Trannies don't last very long, so I wouldn't worry about changing the Fluid as you will be changing the tranny soon enough...
LOL.gif
JUST KIDDING!

Go to the dealer and ask them to show you at the Parts Desk, or just enquire about whats involved and they will tell you... Then you leave an do it yourself!

Transmission Fluid Drain and Refill Printable View (178 KB)

Material Item Specification
MERCON® V Automatic Transmission Fluid
XT-5-QM (or XT-5-QMC) (US); CXT-5-LM12 (Canada) MERCON® V

NOTE: In order to completely clean the torque converter, this procedure needs to be carried out 3 times.

With the vehicle in NEUTRAL, position it on a hoist. For additional information, refer to Section 100-02.
NOTE: If an internal problem is suspected, drain the transmission fluid through a paper filter. A small amount of metal or friction particles may be found from normal wear. If an excessive amount of metal or friction material is present, the transaxle will need to be overhauled.

Remove the transmission fluid drain plug and allow the transmission fluid to drain.

Install the transmission fluid drain plug.
Tighten to 9 Nm (80 lb-in).

Fill the transaxle with clean transmission fluid.

Start the engine and let it run for 3 minutes. Move the range selector lever into each gear position. Repeat Steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 two more times.
After the transmission fluid has been changed a total of 3 times, check the transmission fluid level for a final time, making sure that the transmission fluid is at the correct level.

Thanks bd cardinal. I now know it has a plug but I do not see any thing that even looks like a drain plug. Do you know the location?

The Edge does not use the Aisin. It uses the Ford 6F (Ford-GM JV) trans.

Ford has moved away from the Aisins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back