VHT Track bite & traction compounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
My TRD Tundra comes with the [censored], [censored], stupid BFG Rugged Trail tires and they are horrible in terms of dry on road driving. It squeals a lot during turning and one tire slips when taking off at an intersection at moderate throttle. I've seen several products out there that dragsters use that they paint onto the tire threads to give it more "bite" during takeoffs. Can I use that product on my tires to give it more "bite"? And don't ask about wet weather traction, I'm lucky someone taught me how to get out of a fishtail situation.

http://www.jegs.com/p/VHT/749307/10002/-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm tired of people looking at me like an [censored] or a "show off" person when my tire slips. I do have a slightly aggressive driving behavior.

These tires do have a lot of thread on them (about 15,000mi on them).

Install a limited slip differential - then you won't be losing traction at lights with a one-wheel-peel. I recommend a quality torsen or eaton differential for it.

Originally Posted By: Dominic
Install a limited slip differential - then you won't be losing traction at lights with a one-wheel-peel. I recommend a quality torsen or eaton differential for it.

Of course, the Tundra has had a LSD since like 2001 or 2002.... so obviously not the problem.

The general problem is the tires aren't necessarily the best things for on-road traction.

Trackbite is more of a thing you put on the track itself rather than on the tires....

what you really need to do, is replace the [censored] "off-road" tires with a decent highway type tire if you don't plan on taking it off-road frequently...

Or, stop driving so aggressively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back