Battery chargers. Trust Harbor Freight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Schumacher SC-7500A, similar to the first one on Harbor Freight. Of all the battery chargers that you selected, I would buy the SC-8000A.

the slower the rate that you charge, the better...

I have a schumacher from wal-mart, 2A, 8A, 12A IIRC, with a small display and ability to charge AGM, gel and flooded batteries via a selector button. Software controlled and it works great.

I also got a battery minder that charges and has a special storage mode to prevent sulfation - model 12248 - it is temperature compensated and really nice. It does 8A max.

I bought a digital charger from Sears last year. It is microprocessor controlled, has variable charge rates and handles all battery types including the AGM ones. I think it was $80 or so, but it was worth it so far.

That HF one looks incredibly similar to the WM Everstart one, not the actual case but the selector switch and gauge. Would have to take a couple apart to see the works.

My lifestyle allows a manual charger as my batteries just need a little here & there, and I like checking on stuff, don't mind unplugging something just before bed etc.

I got the one I ordered from the Cornwell guy. It's very heavy and is not made in China!

Made in Mexico instead. I trust them more than the Chinese. I came with a very detailed instruction book too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back