Supertech Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out some information about Walmart's Supertech Synthetic. I emailed Warren Performance Packaging and received a reply stating their MAG 1 synthetic is the exact same oil as the Supertech Synthetic. They said they produce and package the oil for both brands. Just look at the bottom of the bottle and watch for a WPP stamp in the plastic. If this stamp is there, Warren Performance Packaging produced and packaged it. They also state it is a Group III oil. If the WPP is not stamped on the bottom, then your guess is as good as mine as to who produced it. I know they produce it for the Oklahoma area.

I think WPP also make the Meijer brand oils and even the Spectrum oils at Sears. Others here and off forum have told there may be 1,2, or even 3 producers of Supertech depending on geopraphy and time past.

Originally Posted By: jldcol
I think WPP also make the Meijer brand oils and even the Spectrum oils at Sears. Others here and off forum have told there may be 1,2, or even 3 producers of Supertech depending on geopraphy and time past.

At my local walmart (here in Canada) there is definitely no WPP or any marking whatsoever that looks like any brand as far as I can tell. One marking on the top of the bottle starts with a V, but I really doubt Valvoline makes this stuff.. I dunno I guess they could!

That V is for Vulsay. They're a private bottling firm in Ontario. Their website even says Walmart is one of their customers.

There are some 7k plus OCI's that people have taken the Supertech Synthetic on in the UOA forum.

It seems to be good stuff. But for a few bucks more you can get oils with much stronger additive packages.

Right now I have regular old Supertech in my Taurus. Eventually I might go full synthetic and try for some longer OCI's. The problem becomes that I feel bad leaving the oil in there so long.
blush.gif

I do like Warren's response to customer questions, unlike some other "major" brands. I had a question about some Supertech Mercon V, and they responded quickly and specifically, without generic, canned "lawyer-esse".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back