Definity EX600 Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I saw a Pep Boys advertisement for their "Buy Three, Get One Free" tire special, so I gave them a call and asked them what tires qualified for this offer and what they recommended for a 2006 Corolla.

The Pep Boys service department recommended the Definity EX600. The tire carries a "T" speed rating and has a 75,000 mile warranty. They told me that the tire was Made in USA by Cooper Tires.

Pep Boys' out-the-door price for four tires is only $326.94 (after the mail-in rebate). That price includes sales tax, mounting, lifetime balance, lifetime rotation, lifetime flat repairs and road hazard!
shocked2.gif
That's $95 less than what I was quoted for the Potenza G019 Grids.

Does anyone have any experience with these tires? I tried doing a Google search, but the only information that I could find on them was that were part of a recall at one point. Aside from that, are they a safe buy?

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Is this for that girl that likes to drive the car hard?

Yes.

Can these Definity tires be worse than the OE Bridgestone Insignia SE200 tires? Anything has to be better than those Insignias, it's hard to make anything worse.

My father-in-law has been running the Definity EX-600 tires on his minivans for some time now. He started using them from PepBoys since the tire was called Futura Touring SE. They are the same tread pattern but I don't know what else changed(nothing I could find!) From the cutaway picture on the PB's web page, they look the same. They have them in T, H & V ratings and are also called the EX-700 IIRC. My FIL does not drive aggressivly in his minivan but likes the tires just the same. Smooth quiet ride, good snow traction and 70somethingthousandmile wareout. In some sized, the tires look nice and beefy and in other sizes they look too skinny. My FIL's tire size is 215/70/15 and they look sorta OK average for this size. I've seen beefier tires in his size(Michelin) and I've seen skinnier tires in his size(Kumho Solus KR-21). Those whom I've talked to seem to like EX-600 OK but no one has raved about them either. If it wasn't for the buy3 get1 free rebate, there are better tires for the money. What else does PB's have at the B3G1F in store. In my area, they advertise B3G1F on all tires except Corrnell. Depending on the Sunday Add, it's only on the Definity's or another Sunday Add, it's only on Cooper and other times it on everything, etc,etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back