Out with the old, in with the new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that helps a LOT... Ive seen creams based upon deer tallow. Ill also ask a friend who is a bassist.

Thanks again.

aha...

SPG Bullet lubricant is a mixture of canning paraffin, beeswax and tallow... $3-4/stick

There are a bunch of others too... mink tallow for example.

No notes of it going rancid, still good characteristics at sub-zero tempratures, etc.

Bullet lube...

I'm not sure why you obsess about deer tallow. Isn't it almost spring in Noo Joysie?
LOL.gif

Because I've not found a good treatment for rubber door seals as of yet...

And it seems that you have one.

For my multiple 20+ year old cars, I would like to do everything possible to keep the rubber seals on the doors in good shape.

Im in the USVI... Its sunny and warm here.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Because I've not found a good treatment for rubber door seals as of yet...

And it seems that you have one.

For my multiple 20+ year old cars, I would like to do everything possible to keep the rubber seals on the doors in good shape.

Im in the USVI... Its sunny and warm here.
I really like Black Magic tire spray.I use it for the interior vinyl as well.

Any interest in trying Rotella Synth? Seems like an obvious choice for a 12v owner who likes thick oil. The 12v I'm servicing now has PZ SUV 5w-30. It's mid-winter and it's rarely driven. When driven it's by my teen niece. I'll toss in some MLEP after deep winter.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Test drive this afternoon:

IMG_2133_small.jpg

I've found that golf gloves do very well as driving gloves, too. They will work if you are looking for a good tactile feel, unlined, and light on your hands.

BITOGers, try some on the next time you are in the sporting goods section, even if you don't play golf.

By the way, that is a very nice looking Audi. Congratulations on keeping it in tip top condition.

Last edited:
Thanks for admiring my old ride!

I guess I'll have to take a picture of my driving gloves, and if it's just to provoke Steve S.
grin2.gif

Check in a few hours, I have to go for a drive anyway!
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Any interest in trying Rotella Synth?

Nope, mostly because I can't find the synthetic version in 5W-40 locally.

Here, just for Steve S, are my ca 12 old Italian driving gloves, made from capybara skin. Capybaras are of course those pig-sized aquatic rodents from Brazil.

The gloves considerably improve grip on the wheel.

driving_gloves_s.jpg

driving_gloves2_s.jpg

capybara.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back