Super tech full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at my local wal mart buying pp 5W30 for my wife's car when i saw supertech full synthetic oil for only $17 for a 5 quart jug. not knowing a whole lot about this oil i decided to stick with the pp5W30 oil, but is this in house oil actually good? or is it just another bottom of the barrel special? does st have good voa's or uoa's? I am sticking with pp but i am just curious to know.

Good oil. Though, not as good as Pennzoil Platinum. Used oil analysis for most vehicles shows that it performs quite well.

With the recent $1 price increase for Valvoline Synpower, the $17.50 jug of Super Tech is even more appealing.

Originally Posted By: peterdaniel
Whats sick is that it used to be $13.50
Not too long ago....

Yes and I used to pay 3.50 a quart for M1. Those days are long gone.

Last edited:
supertech synthetic used to be $11.88 for 5 qts in 2005.

not quite the bargain anymore at $17. i no longer stock up on supertech syn but instead have been adding synpower/RTS/pp instead.

5w-30 UOA:

Untitled.jpg

Originally Posted By: Ed_T
I think there was a VOA that showed it with identical additives as the dino juice.

Maybe it's the same stuff.

They aren't the first to use at least a Grp II base oil with a bare minimum add pack and call it a syn or blend.

Here in Austin, Texas, the Walmart Supertech Full Synthetic is made by Quaker State/Pennzoil. I checked the numbers from the bottles, that I bought, and the numbers are from Quaker State/Pennzoil Full Synthetic Oil Production. Why spend more, when you can get the same synthetic oil as Quaker State or Pennzoil, if you live in Texas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back